Whats a good economic red dot?

The bushnell is really good, I have had one for quite a while on one of my ak's. Never had a problem and it has held up really good. I would also take a look at vortex. Really good sights.

Edited by Ethan M

I have a UTG sight on my Saiga 12 with a quick-release mount. It's pretty good, and it's nice to have the choice of red or green. It's been dropped onto concrete once already (not on the gun) with no issues. Good for slug work, not so good for trying to shoot clays!  :wacko:

I have an "Ultimate Arms" red-dot on my Rossi M92, .44 rifle. I think it was $40 on Amazon? So far it's working perfectly, and the 4 different reticles are nice choices to have. I wouldn't recommend it for competition or combat use, but for general purposes and range use it's good!

I'll definitely consider another one of these, if I need a red-dot on something for target shooting.

Another vote for Primary Arms and the Bushnell TRS-25.  I have the Bushnell on an AK riding an Ultimak gas tube.  It has worked great and held up to the heat in that mounting position.  I have a couple of Primary Arms T-1 clones that have worked very well on various weapons.  I have one right now on my MKA.   If you look at the Primary Arms, note that they have models with a fixed picatinny base and others with a removable base.  When the base is removed, the optic has a T-1 mounting surface that can be used with LaRue or other mounts specific to the T-1/H-1.

LIke others have said the Primary Arms dots and Bushnell TRS25 are great choices.

I wanted a more open sight picture so I went with the Sightmark Ultrashot QDNV Pro. It's actually held up really welll so far, which is about 250 rounds through it, mix of bird shot, slugs, and buckshot.  It also feels very solid and has double pain glass. I was skeptical on this optic but I really like the different recticles and it's held zero just fine so far. I paid about $116 shipped on Amazon. Here is a quick overview I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDD8Ccv4gQ&list=TLXPrKOV8o8vwrqrZ97q-6_pkfvKaWi7ls

I'm looking at the UTG 4" QD for my 5.45 or 7.62x39 Saiga.

I like the features (red/green, flip-up lens covers, and QD) and the $40 dollar price tag.

It's been getting good reviews.

Just something to play with. The AK iron sights are accurate enough, for me.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a sightmark ultra shot and have had noting but problems. First one would not turn on. Returned it to the store I got if from for a new one. Same problem, never left the store with that one. The third one worked at the store so I took it home. Put it on the gun and every shot I took it would turn off. No matter what I tried every shot it shut off

Primary Arms had a Black Friday deal on micro red dot sight with mount... it looked like a screaming deal. I have two of their micro sights and they are superb value for money.

I hit them up for one for my GSG-5. Primary Arms built a bunch to fill an order for a big AR manufacturer who then backed out of the deal. I think it was like $59. They may still have them.

LIke others have said the Primary Arms dots and Bushnell TRS25 are great choices.

I wanted a more open sight picture so I went with the Sightmark Ultrashot QDNV Pro. It's actually held up really welll so far, which is about 250 rounds through it, mix of bird shot, slugs, and buckshot.  It also feels very solid and has double pain glass. I was skeptical on this optic but I really like the different recticles and it's held zero just fine so far. I paid about $116 shipped on Amazon. Here is a quick overview I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDD8Ccv4gQ&list=TLXPrKOV8o8vwrqrZ97q-6_pkfvKaWi7ls

So how is this working out.

It's been working out great. Probably has 400 rounds through it mix of bird, slugs, and buckshot. I really like it. Sorry for the late reply haven't been on the forum in a while.

It's been working out great. Probably has 400 rounds through it mix of bird, slugs, and buckshot. I really like it. Sorry for the late reply haven't been on the forum in a while.

Thanks,just ordered one.

• 2 weeks later...

So how did you get it to fit mka rail?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean? It was a tight fit but it fits fine. You do have to give the QD lever a little muscle to close it, but it's not going ANYWHERE.

What do you mean? It was a tight fit but it fits fine. You do have to give the QD lever a little muscle to close it, but it's not going ANYWHERE.

Mine had a crappy nut that would pull off threads when you tried to clamp down......a new nut fixed that and it fits fine now.