KickLite Stock with forward based trigger

Just got my Saiga 7.62x39 two days ago and trying to plan my conversion.  I would like to get the Phoenix Kicklite stock and add a grip and G2 trigger set.  I have a repaired shoulder that I'd like to minimize the recoil impact on.  

So I keep seeing the Kicklite stock with an included grip that uses the back placed trigger group (stock).  Can I just get the Kicklite stock, a G2 trigger kit and a grip to make a conversion that moves the trigger forward and adds a grip (where the stock trigger is)?  Gotta start somewhere.

Thanks ... be gentle .... I'm new at this.

Edited by Steelart99

Since you are already planning on doing a full back end conversion it would probably work and look best with a regular ak stock of your choice with separate pistol grip. Taking a 'soft conversion' stock/pistol grip combo and chopping it up to try to make it work after moving your trigger forward would be way more headache than just picking up a stock meant for an aks ass end. Lol.

Since you are already planning on doing a full back end conversion it would probably work and look best with a regular ak stock of your choice with separate pistol grip. Taking a 'soft conversion' stock/pistol grip combo and chopping it up to try to make it work after moving your trigger forward would be way more headache than just picking up a stock meant for an aks ass end. Lol.

There is a version of the stock without the integral grip.  So I'm thinking that stock, a good grip and a moved trigger group. 

consider a recoil pad or lighter round if the shoulder really is that bad

My shoulder is usable, but I just don't want to tempt fate and re-injure it.  It's taken almost a year to recover from the surgery.  The Phoneix Kicklite gets good reviews, but I just didn't know how well it was configured for use on the 7.62x39 with the trigger conversion.

Carolina Shooters Supply has that stock as a drop-in part... just buy a separate pistol grip.

They're advertising it for the Saiga 12 too... so if they're confident enough to say it's recoil-reducing for a 12 gauge, you ought to be fine with it in 7.62x39. They actually say that the stock was specifically configured for stamped AK's and Saiga shotguns.

If you cut off your barrel shroud and thread it (if it isn't already factory-threaded) or swap out the factory front sight block with a threaded front sight block, you could put on a muzzle brake (AK-74 style maybe?) that further reduces recoil too.

Edited by ouroboros

Get a proper 74 brake really keeps it down, the k-var replica works well, if you can swing the compliance count pick up a zig zag brake and mill it out, Makes the 7.62x39 smooth as silk, really not needed on the 5.45 but it still works.

I just bought a rwc half converted 5.45, my first upgrade is bulgarian fsb and bulgarian zig zag brake, furniture to follow this spring.

Edited by dashowdy

Mako makes several shock absorbing AK stocks.

Reduce recoil and muzzle rise with a six-position collapsible stock system for AK47 rifles.

Includes tube and our GLR16 stock.

Fits AK rifles using unique receiver block that expands to perfectly fit stamped receivers when screws are tightened.

Requires no fitting for most stamped AK-47/74 rifles. Perfect for Saiga shotgun conversions.

Effective recoil compensation system. MIL-SPEC reinforced polymer composite.
clear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gifclear1x1.gif