While I'm working in a steel and glass box all day, I listen to a lot of right/ right leaning talk radio.  There are many more people being adversely effected by the ACA (Ocare) than the media (or 1600) is reporting.  Instead of having "the average family uuuuhhhh see a $2500 deduction on premiums", many are like my family, which is seeing a $368 increase per mo.  Now by my understanding, this is still only good until Oct. of next year.  Then the employer mandate will kick in and we will end up like many out there and lose our healthcare.

So...  Here's my questions:

Have you seen any effects in your healthcare such as a cancellation, increase, or even decrease?

Would also be interesting to know if any have signed up for the exchange and what the results were. 

Edited by Big John!
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those new premiums that are being quoted are based on the young healthy people signing up for insurance. So far, they are not signing up and only the the sick and uninsured are signing up. Many are be

My wife and I lose our insurance in three weeks. She wants to sign up for Kenya-Care but I want to take the tax hit.   Rush was saying the other day on the radio that the IRS can't come after you w

"This is possibly the most important thing happening in our country right now......"   No, this is just the smoke screen before the real attack. Shits gonna get serious and when does it's gonna be r

Posted Images

My wife did some checking for us, she went on the Ocare site, plugged in all false identifying info except for health and income (so we could see what our options would accurately be) and astounded me with the following:  For a "bronze plan" with a $22,000.00 deductible, and lousy coverage our premiums would be around $800 a month!!!  To put it in layman's terms -- we would be f--ked.  I thank God I can stay with Tricare Prime with its $3000 catastrophic cap, zero premiums and have zip to do with the Ocare abomination...

Edited by Odd Man Out

My wife did some checking for us, she went on the Ocare site, plugged in all false identifying info except for health and income (so we could see what our options would accurately be) and astounded me with the following:  For a "bronze plan" with a $22,000.00 deductible, and lousy coverage our premiums would be around $800 a month!!!  To put it in layman's terms -- we would be f--ked.  I thank God I can stay with Tricare Prime with its $3000 catastrophic cap, zero premiums and have zip to do with the Ocare abomination...

I forgot about tricare.  Is tricare going to survive Ocare, or will it fall under the employer mandate?  

I thought there would be a lot more input on this thread.  But also forgot there is a ton of active/ex military.  I sure hope you boys and girls are paying attention to the ACA.

I don't know about specifics to the ACA. We here in Communist Massachusetts already underwent this type of program in 2006. I will say that prescriptions I was purchasing before 2006 that I tried to get last winter when I was still unemployed and had no healthcare had gone from $30 per prescription to $660. i can see the ACA doing that same sort of thing to others who require prescriptions to live. As I have stated to many pro-ACA people I have met, the ACA will not be affordable nor provide good care.

I HOPE that whatever my wife gets (champ va?)  100% P&T keeps us insured through all this. 

Those new premiums that are being quoted are based on the young healthy people signing up for insurance. So far, they are not signing up and only the the sick and uninsured are signing up. Many are being referred to the Medicare program. Wait until the insurance companies run the numbers again and your quoted premiums will seem like a bargin. The entire plan will collapse which is the Acts plan of taking it to a single source payer.

• Like 2

I'm not worried. This shit won't fly with most of the population. Wait until employers start dumping employee coverage and changing full-time positions to part-time.

The worst is yet to come.

I'm getting all my medical needs taken care of and then I'm dumping the insurance, most likely.

$1,200 more a year on a $40,000 a year income (used to be $90,000).

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

I got kicked off of my wife's insurance a year ago because my employer offers coverage, doesn't matter that it isn't as good, or that it costs more. So I just went through open enrollment and our deductible went from 1,500 to 3,000, and max out of pocket also doubled, no change in premium ,,,,this year. I work for a pretty large outfit, but I fear what next year will bring.

Our operating budgets have been slashed every year for the past 6 years, my budget was cut by $45,000.00 last year and I've lost two positions out of my shop. Now I realize that this doesn't sound like much on it's own, multiply that by 80 different shops and related departments and it is staggering wacko.png  Many people have lost their jobs and the forecast is even darker019.gif   

I got a letter saying my policy was to be canceled or I could extend it another year for $12 more per month. It's already gone up $40 a month since they first started talking about the ACA. Fortunately, I can get most my medical through the VA, so far. I just added dental this month in hopes of getting my teeth squared away before this shit gets worse.

Edited by BpS12

After my second hernia operation in July to repair the tear in the mesh from the first repair back in 2009, my boss cut my hours when I

returned to work in September. I went from 42-46 hours a week making $700-800 every two weeks to 30-35 hours, averaging around $520 per

two week period. In October, United Health scare notified me upon my reenrollment for 2014 that my premiums were being increased from

$223.00 a month to $441.00. That's almost one of my paychecks per month for secondary insurance that was previously part of my retirement package with SBC (formerly SW Bell, now AT&T) If I drop the United plan, I automatically lose my life insurance coverage which I also pay for, but is at a decent price, at least for now. I'm turning 61 this month and haven't touched my IRA except to withdraw money to pay

for my medical bills that didn't get covered and previous years health care coverage. I griped big time about the increase until I found out some of my former co-workers had increases over $1200 a month and they are still employed. I believe some of this crap is collusion

by the insurance companies to raise/regulate rate increases in astronomical amounts without scrutiny, because they know what the ACA is

going to do.

What choice do some have? Maintain their decent coverage for a whopping increase or try for the supposedly "affordable" health insurance with questionable coverage and deductibles. I wonder how many will pay the tax for no coverage and just go to the emergency room for

their medical concerns? That is another option.

Edited by sobrenegade

Mine went up about $6000/ year and I'm pissed beyond measure. WTF???? Assuming I want to have any disposable income left over for fun stuff like shooting or for emergencies,   I have to get a second job to pay it.  All, so someone else can get it subsidized.  Is that fair?????  It's basically a huge tax on the middle class. Oh, yeah, I was happy with my original  plan.  Obama stole nearly all of my discretionary income.

This guy helped me out in the past....Me and my son were paying $160 per month for the two of us......pretty good insurance for sure

Greg Koch

484-334-2110  Office

866-446-0987  Toll free

KochInsBrokers@Gmail.com

Licensed Insurance Broker

Those new premiums that are being quoted are based on the young healthy people signing up for insurance. So far, they are not signing up and only the the sick and uninsured are signing up. Many are being referred to the Medicare program. Wait until the insurance companies run the numbers again and your quoted premiums will seem like a bargin. The entire plan will collapse which is the Acts plan of taking it to a single source payer.

You are correct sir.

I'm not worried. This shit won't fly with most of the population. Wait until employers start dumping employee coverage and changing full-time positions to part-time.

The worst is yet to come.

I'm getting all my medical needs taken care of and then I'm dumping the insurance, most likely.

$1,200 more a year on a $40,000 a year income (used to be $90,000).

You should be worried.  As you stated, the worst is yet to come.  If this shit doesn't get stopped before/during the 2014 elections, it truly will not matter much as the healthcare system as we know it will have been long destroyed.  I'm not convinced the damage already done can be repaired.

Saul Alenski told them to crash the system by overloading it. This is all part of a larger plan for instituting communism.

You are also correct sir!

just signed a 22% increase for my business for the next year.

the same plan will not be around after Dec.  2014

my insurance provider says to expect between 200% - 300% increase

anger.gif

it is going to get worse.

This seems to be the norm that is not getting any air time from drive by media.  

I'm guessing that the ACA web site crash has been part of the plan all along.  It throws the media a bone by creating a negative diversion so that the media can stay on "our side".  This also gives the media a story to hide the truth behind.

Ours has been going up the past few years due to poor state investments, bad economy etc. 

Got a letter in mail other day saying more increase due implementation of the law.  No percent mentioned.  Guess it will be a "surprise".

There is nothing to see here, now move along before we make you disappear anger.gif

Haha...  It's not far off.  

That $368 per mo. that mine went up will put a huge dent in disposable income.  With two teenagers still at home and a millenial living in my basement, some months that will leave little to nothing.

I had to give up my insurance!  And if the IRS thinks I'm going to pay the fine, they're fucked in the head!

It's time to tell obama to fuck off and die!

Make sure you do NOT have a tax return then.  They will take the fine from there.  

We raised our witholding to pay for the added cost of health care.  While I won't get shit for a tax return, which is how it should be anyhow.  At least the gov't will have less of my money to play with during the year.  If this shit storm keeps up, something will have to give somewhere. No more $$$...

One trick they didn't think about. If you fail to get insurance and are required to pay a fine, they can only take the money if you are getting a tax refund. Apparently Nancy didn't read that part. So if you say fuck'em, be sure to change your withholding so that you will owe some tax.