SouthernOne

Your strategy is faulty -- if you end up owing Uncle Sam $$$ then the IRS can pile on the "tax"  penalty and go after you.  The only way to beat the thing is to balance things at zero which is mighty near impossible...

Shandlanos

I've read it starts somewhere around $94 to $125 for the first year and then becomes progressively higher as the years go by...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those new premiums that are being quoted are based on the young healthy people signing up for insurance. So far, they are not signing up and only the the sick and uninsured are signing up. Many are be

My wife and I lose our insurance in three weeks. She wants to sign up for Kenya-Care but I want to take the tax hit.   Rush was saying the other day on the radio that the IRS can't come after you w

"This is possibly the most important thing happening in our country right now......"   No, this is just the smoke screen before the real attack. Shits gonna get serious and when does it's gonna be r

Posted Images

The fine is stupid -- it's a total of about 3 days of insurance for me.  Obviously if I don't want health insurance it makes economic sense to just pay the fine. However, as much as I hate paying it,  insurance exists for a reason -- I've got a wife and four kids.  If somethings big happens to our health we'd be wiped out.   So I can be wiped out by inches thanks to Obamacare, or wiped out in one swoop if I get cancer.  Either way I'm screwed.   Obamacare now makes my monthly health insurance bill twice as big as my house payment.  I'm so pissed at that SOB I could spit.   

Fuck them.  If I lose my insurance next year (and I probably will) I won't pay any goddamn fine.  At some point you have to take a stand.

I agree and have ZERO intention of signing up for any exchange either.  I'll go to the ER and be wiped out with dept.  Such is life with this POTUS.

I did a little reading, and the info about the fines is essentially right, leaving out one key detail - if your premium would be more than 8% of your income, you are exempt.

Gross income, that is.

My wife and I lose our insurance in three weeks.

She wants to sign up for Kenya-Care but I want to take the tax hit.

Rush was saying the other day on the radio that the IRS can't come after you with interest, fines, wage garnishment, property liens, etc. or any of their other strong-arm collections tactics on the no health insurance tax. The only thing they can do by law (currently) is pull it out of any refunds. That may be true now, but the way .gov makes up oppressive new laws when they feel like it, I bet they will eventually come after us with a vengeance.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

This may be the last knife in the heart of the American family, I envision another spate of divorce and all of the sufferings that come with it. As our economy crashes deeper into the abyss, families will split and there will be another rash of lost children....just like jimmy the peanut dick carter did for us. Hang on tight boys and girls, the speed of this coaster is about to get cranked up some more electric_shock.gif  

P.S.

Please excuse my pissy attitude, as I'm just a little "miffed" over loosing my country bad_smile.gif

Well, I got my paperwork for the new plan offered at work on Friday. Things have to change because Obama requires all insurances to cover dental now.... WTF Over???? Single plan for me went up, $480 a month with a............... wait for it........................ $2100.00 deductible and copay prescriptions are from $20 - $40 - $60

I own a small business with seven employees. I pay for employee coverage, and employees pay for their dependent coverage. Anthem just informed me that we will see a 50% increase next year. Not sure what the fuck I am supposed to do now. Think at this point I would do better to lock my doors, and go work at healthcare.gov teaching applicants how to lie to obtain the most subsidies.

Edited by Ryan

It's going to get a lot worse....the only way the ACA works from an economic standpoint is you have to have the younger healthier people sign up to offset the cost of the elderly and not so healthy. Guess what they aren't signing up....look at the demo of those that have been able to sign up....So just like every other government program it has been unsustainable from day one.Can anyone guess how they will make up the gap? Only difference this time is that healthcare makes up almost 8% of the entire economy..You think your taxes are high now...give it few years..we are going to wishing for a 18% tax rate.

Mostly what are signing up are high users or subsidized.  The implications of that are laughably obvious.  And it was just as obvious before they did it.  

Whether it's intentional or gross ineptitude the end result is the same.

• Like 1

Rush was saying the other day on the radio that the IRS can't come after you with interest, fines, wage garnishment, property liens, etc. or any of their other strong-arm collections tactics on the no health insurance tax. The only thing they can do by law (currently) is pull it out of any refunds. That may be true now, but the way .gov makes up oppressive new laws when they feel like it, I bet they will eventually come after us with a vengeance.

This is easy for me to say as I still have a year left.  But, being a person with some ongoing medical needs that I will probably have the rest of my life, I NEED healthcare coverage to stay afloat.  I plan to encur massive debt before signing up for this communist bull shit.  Please keep us posted on how you work this out.  You are one of the one's that are going to be drastically effected very soon and I think your information is important to all of is (if you don't mind).

This may be the last knife in the heart of the American family, I envision another spate of divorce and all of the sufferings that come with it. As our economy crashes deeper into the abyss, families will split and there will be another rash of lost children....just like jimmy the peanut dick carter did for us. Hang on tight boys and girls, the speed of this coaster is about to get cranked up some more electric_shock.gif  

P.S.

Please excuse my pissy attitude, as I'm just a little "miffed" over loosing my country bad_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure we are all on board with you bro.  That is why I started this thread.  This is possibly the most important thing happening in our country right now and was not being discussed.  I'm horrified at what I've already read and I fear that this thread is just getting started.  

Mostly what are signing up are high users or subsidized.  The implications of that are laughably obvious.  And it was just as obvious before they did it.  

Whether it's intentional or gross ineptitude the end result is the same.

X2

This is easy for me to say as I still have a year left.  But, being a person with some ongoing medical needs that I will probably have the rest of my life, I NEED healthcare coverage to stay afloat.  I plan to encur massive debt before signing up for this communist bull shit.  Please keep us posted on how you work this out.  You are one of the one's that are going to be drastically effected very soon and I think your information is important to all of is (if you don't mind).

Yep, we'll see what happens. My wife was one of the many who believed the "big lie" that we would be able to keep our nice $800/month health insurance. I told her last year that we would have the rug pulled out from under us and we did. We can't afford even more money for premiums though, it just ain't gonna happen. I don't know what the quote would be for us on healthcarejoke.gov, but it almost has to be more money for less coverage going by what others have said.

I told my wife that we should just pay off debt with the $800/month we were spending, and then go to the emergency room for everything just like all of the illegals and the rest of the uninsured do. I have a police/fire scanner I listen to sometimes, it's amazing how often I hear a fire/rescue call for a headache or an ear ache. The "Obama crowd" is too lazy to go stand in line at the emergency room now, they just call 911 for a headache.

John, I wish the best to you and everybody else who has on-going health care needs. Being 50 years old, I will be there soon myself.

Maybe we should all just drink beer and watch football and pretend everything is fine.    021.gif

It's going to get a lot worse....the only way the ACA works from an economic standpoint is you have to have the younger healthier people sign up to offset the cost of the elderly and not so healthy. Guess what they aren't signing up....look at the demo of those that have been able to sign up....So just like every other government program it has been unsustainable from day one.Can anyone guess how they will make up the gap? Only difference this time is that healthcare makes up almost 8% of the entire economy..You think your taxes are high now...give it few years..we are going to wishing for a 18% tax rate.

This is what is going to cause the law to be repealed.

If I was single I would just say "fuck it" and enjoy watching everything fall apart. Unfortunately I have a wife and a child on the way. If it comes down to it, I might have to tell my wife that she needs to go back to work to maintain her employer insurance for herself and our son. We probably can't afford to pay for it all on our own if she decides to stay home. I work for a three-person company that does not provide insurance, and we are probably looking at nearly $750 per month for the three of us with TERRIBLE deductibles.

Can't afford it. No way around it.

This may seem sort of random but I don't care... My best advice to all of you here is to quit smoking, tone down the drinking, get off your fat ass (or your bony ass), dust off your old PT shorts and get in shape. You can't afford to get sick with the deductibles I'm seeing on these shite plans.

Edited by mancat

This is what is going to cause the law to be repealed.

They won't repeal it....the failure of the ACA will just be used as a excuse to usher in a single payer system...That's what the progressives want....they knew they couldn't get there in one step...They are already laying the ground work...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/12/10/colin-powell-endorses-single-payer-health-care

Those of you wanting to know about the "tax" for not having health insurance see below...So good luck adjusting your taxes to net zero to avoid the penalty. It's a moving target.

In 2014, the penalty will be the greater of 1.0% of taxable income or $95 per adult and $47.50 per child (up to $285 per family).

In 2015, the penalty will be the greater of 2.0% of taxable income or $325 per adult and $162.50 per child (up to $975 per family).

In 2016, the penalty will be at the greater of 2.5% of taxable income or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child (up to $$2,085 per family).

After 2016, the penalty will be increased annually by the increase to the cost-of-living.

Next year when the "postponed" employer mandate kicks in a lot of people will lose there insurance...It will be cheaper for companies to pay the penalty for not providing insurance than to provide it. I still don't understand how you can choose to enforce certain parts of a law.

In short it's a big shit sandwich and sooner or later we all are going to have to take a bite.anger.gif 

The problem with looking to eventual repeal of the law to resolve the matter is the "system" will already be cratered.

Now Im not real fond of that industry in the first place, no other business, and it is a business, operates with as much government sanctioned price fixing and built it gouging.

Why else do you think we pay 10 times the cost of the rest of the world?

No it aint better, that's state propaganda and a delusion. No other industry operates in such an insane fashion.

That being said people will die because of this and each and every signatory should be charged with murder and sued for wrongful death.

"This is possibly the most important thing happening in our country right now......"

No, this is just the smoke screen before the real attack. Shits gonna get serious and when does it's gonna be real serious, real fast. But by that time, there may be little left to do but hunker down and ride it out. Fortunately, the faster Communism rises, the faster it falls. The USSR barely lasted a generation. And China has already started the shift to capitalism.

• Like 2

Smokescreen?

Perhaps as a byproduct of the aimed black powder volley fire, it does indeed obscure vision of other maneuvers. 

And it is most assuredly a planned result, but it is hardly harmless in and of itself.

As for what is passing for capitalism in China I deduce it is more a flavor of fascism, with government control of production in "private" hands. 

Don't get all worked up fellas.  The administration is investigating the cause of the website failure.  And when the time comes, it will investigate the cause of the other failures in the program.

And we all know government investigations into itself always end with everything fixed.

So don't worry.  Be happy.

But then again, maybe we should be very very worried.

Running health insurance companies out of business was the plan all along, but there is no healthcare without doctors.

post-4831-0-21960300-1386788801.png

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarahjeanseman/2013/12/10/doctor-posts-newspaper-notice-closing-due-to-obamacare-n1760621

"This is possibly the most important thing happening in our country right now......"

No, this is just the smoke screen before the real attack. Shits gonna get serious and when does it's gonna be real serious, real fast. But by that time, there may be little left to do but hunker down and ride it out. Fortunately, the faster Communism rises, the faster it falls. The USSR barely lasted a generation. And China has already started the shift to capitalism.

Sadly, I think you are right.

A full on economic collapse would will make the health care mess kind of a moot point.

But then again, maybe we should be very very worried.

Running health insurance companies out of business was the plan all along, but there is no healthcare without doctors.

attachicon.gifClosing.png

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarahjeanseman/2013/12/10/doctor-posts-newspaper-notice-closing-due-to-obamacare-n1760621

This is a huge part of the problem Saigus.  The wait to get into the ER now will seem like nothing when there are lines at the ER due to doctor shortages.

The problem with looking to eventual repeal of the law to resolve the matter is the "system" will already be cratered.

That being said people will die because of this and each and every signatory should be charged with murder and sued for wrongful death.

There WILL be death panels.  Especially with the system not be funded by the young and healthy.  If you have a cancer that has a poor prognosis, you will not get shit for coverage.

This may seem sort of random but I don't care... My best advice to all of you here is to quit smoking, tone down the drinking, get off your fat ass (or your bony ass), dust off your old PT shorts and get in shape. You can't afford to get sick with the deductibles I'm seeing on these shite plans.

While I know it's a horrible decision, I refuse to let BHO tell me when it's time to quit smoking.  I'm sure I will have to make that change sooner than later, but I'm not ready and he ain't gonna make me.  Yet, haha...

If tobacco, booze, etc. is bad then ban it. They can't, because they know that people like choices, so they tax the shit out of it instead, coming and going. What don't you pay taxes on?

When the Fed and State Governments start acting more like criminal organizations....it's time to organize ourselves.

No one in government represents me anymore.

I don't like our options, as citizens.

Just wait until the "data-collection" center in Utah is up. 5x the size of the Pentagon? Really? I hope the are exagerated. Cell phone data, medical records, internet usage, passports, credit card use, tax records, gun club memberships.

They aren't tracking external threats anymore.

Comments like this will be "scrutinized", en mass.

"Health-Care" was a backdoor to controlling our liberties as Americans.

This is how you "control" a free country.

Edited by Sim_Player