Catamount Fury 2 Chinese SAIGA clone

• 1 month later...

If you own it, sell it and buy a Saiga or VEPR, if you are thinking of buying one don't.

I just got one. FREAKIN LOVE IT! lol, haters gonna hate. seriously for 399. at jg sales i figured "why not?"  i plan on shooting the piss out of it. if it breaks, ill fix it and run it some more! so far it seems very solid, ive read other peoples reviews. but ive also read some very positive reviews. for me its just gonna be a fun gun. ive already put a few hundred rounds of home made buck through it, and you know what? 100% reliable! no ftf or fte's, and i havent even done anything to it.

my stock saiga that i bougt back in the day was only about 70-80% reliable out of the box.  you milage may vary.

• 1 month later...

My brother just ordered a Fury to make steel magazines for it. Maybe some stock adapters and other parts.. Thanks to my CNC guy I should be able to make these parts in volume. 

that would be nice. i swapped out the rear trunnion, with a stock ak one. but would be interested in mags and parts.

I'm trying to get a Fury section added to the forum.. Since this is the home for information on AK pattern shotguns, it seems logical to add them.

They actually fit better here than the MKA 1919

Another thing I'd like to do, is to take measurements on bolt travel speed to figure out if they are over gassed from the factory. I suspect that they are.

Is the gas block normal S-12 threading or is it something different?

ill have to check. it looks like a standard s12 gas plug . but ive yet to try and swap them out.

edit: i meant the plug looks the same. the blocks are a bit different.

Edited by Vintovka Dragunova

It would be nice to use something like a 5 position knob to slow the unlock a little.

originally I had problems with the fury 2 not cycling any low brass shells at all! but after I did the same drill fix like you see on youtube it now runs perfectly ! i was also able to add a standard Saiga 12 stock by shapping it to match the other stock. The gas plug is the same as the saiga 12 as is the chokes and the threading.

It would be nice to use something like a 5 position knob to slow the unlock a little.

originally I had problems with the fury 2 not cycling any low brass shells at all! but after I did the same drill fix like you see on youtube it now runs perfectly ! i was also able to add a standard Saiga 12 stock by shapping it to match the other stock. The gas plug is the same as the saiga 12 as is the chokes and the threading.

chokes are not the same the fury uses an internal choke (metric winchester i believe) where as the saiga uses an external choke thread (ie the threads are on the outside of the barrel)

I probably have the chokes for it.. I have an old Jing-an pump shotgun I bought when I was 14, it uses a strange metric choke pattern.. Naturally that gun is about a thousand miles away.

If only their was a way of being able to buy parts online for both of them and finding a way to make it capable with S12 mags or Vepr12 mags 

I probably have the chokes for it.. I have an old Jing-an pump shotgun I bought when I was 14, it uses a strange metric choke pattern.. Naturally that gun is about a thousand miles away.

If only their was a way of being able to buy parts online for both of them and finding a way to make it capable with S12 mags or Vepr12 mags

Their is. 1 buy a vepr magwell. (Thats what i did)

Or for s12 mags. You need to install a adapter plate where the magwell would attach. Evlblkweapons did it for his vepr to saiga magg mod.

Either or. If you go s12 no LRBHO

• 2 years later...

If you own it, sell it and buy a Saiga or VEPR, if you are thinking of buying one don't.

Thats funny, I own a S12 and a cat2 and I like the cat2 better out of the box than I did my saiga12.   I had to tinker with the S12 to get it to run good and the cat2 shoots anything I put in it no problems.    Not a bad gun for 400 bucks.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...