VZ2008 Dress up

Finally getting around to changing out the furniture on my VZ2008. It is my truck gun and theis past weekend I finally got around to repairing the folding stock and wrappingn it with paracord. It was late when I finished the stock so I got it out of the truck. The cold, damp weather had not been kind to the bakelite handguard and pistol grip. Wifey said you have a birthday coming up so get what you need for it. I went as cheap as I could, it being close to.Christmas and funds being right. Went with the Mako poly handguard after reading reviews, and the Major pistol grip. I am.excited now, like a kid at Christmas! Cannot.wait for them to arrive!

Well after posting, found out that the handguard is on backorder.As soon as parts come in, will post pics.

These Lil carbines are.sweet. Don't know how many on here still own.them, at one time,.it was a good number.The mislabeled holds the barrel down well but it's loud as hell!

Later gents. I am not a patient person when waiting I'm parts! Lol

Edited by unclejake
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got around to putting things together. The quad rail is really light and mounts up solid. The Mako pistol grip is comfortable to hold. All in all, I lake it, gonna have to get some rail covers for the side rails..sharp!

post-14474-0-68097800-1387750880_thumb.jpg

post-14474-0-76423600-1387750919_thumb.jpg

post-14474-0-25349000-1387750972_thumb.jpg

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 1

Looks good Uncle Jake, good luck with it, and happy Birthday brother.  Have you shot it yet? What type of ammo? How's she run?

I took mine out today and the second round, (I think Brown Bear, with lacquer coating), fired and jammed in the chamber. I couldn't get it out while in the field, so when I got home I soaked it with Kroil and gave it about 15 min., I still had to use a small hammer to whack the cleaning rod to force the bullet casing out amazing.gif

I'll take it out after Christmas and run some non-coated rounds through it, wish me luck.

I have had this rifle for several years, just been on the back burner as far as a dress up. So fat, it has run everything through it without a hiccup. May run into an issue yet.

Waiting on a deal for an M4style stock or adapter to allow one...the bakelite stock and folder are a but short for me.

Merry Christmas y'all!

I've had a couple of guns have jams.. sometimes, it is just a little dirt or rust in the chamber. I had an ithaca featherlight that did that, & took a wire bore brush & put it on a cordless drill & spun it with some wd40.  .. then polished it with some fine grit wet or dry sandpaper, & it has worked flawlessly since.  Yours might have other issues, but sometimes  a sticky chamber is just some dirt or corrosion in the chamber that needs a bit more work to get out.

Looks good Uncle Jake, good luck with it, and happy Birthday brother.  Have you shot it yet? What type of ammo? How's she run?

I took mine out today and the second round, (I think Brown Bear, with lacquer coating), fired and jammed in the chamber. I couldn't get it out while in the field, so when I got home I soaked it with Kroil and gave it about 15 min., I still had to use a small hammer to whack the cleaning rod to force the bullet casing out amazing.gif

I'll take it out after Christmas and run some non-coated rounds through it, wish me luck.

Waiting on a deal for an M4style stock or adapter to allow one...the bakelite stock and folder are a but short for me.

Merry Christmas y'all!

I just put one of those on a 45 carbine i had.. a mech tech conversion, that uses a 1911 'lower' to run it.  I found this folding bit from amazon for $20, cut off the male threads so the flat plate could bolt to the upper, then thread in the m4 stock normally.  You don't need the springs, since it is not an ar.  It is functional, but a little flimsy when folded, but i suppose most folders are.  Locked open, it's fine.  It is a cheap solution to something with little recoil, though.. like an ak or a 45acp carbine.

Here's the folding mechanism from amazon, which appears to be out of stock at the  moment..  Sorry about the huge pic.. it's the only one i could copy from amazon.

61EZY8wReXL._SL1500_.jpg

I've had a couple of guns have jams.. sometimes, it is just a little dirt or rust in the chamber. I had an ithaca featherlight that did that, & took a wire bore brush & put it on a cordless drill & spun it with some wd40.  .. then polished it with some fine grit wet or dry sandpaper, & it has worked flawlessly since.  Yours might have other issues, but sometimes  a sticky chamber is just some dirt or corrosion in the chamber that needs a bit more work to get out.

That's why I love tis place, someone to point out the obvious...thank you. I'll use the brush with some jewelers compound before I take it out again cool.png  

I had a shotgun that was very rusted in the chamber.. even when i used a dowell with some superfine sandpaper, it was not enough.  I finally got one of those brake cylinder hones.. the one with 3 stones on an expanding bit... & put my drill on very slow, with some wd40 as lube..  that smoothed it up very nicely, & it hasn't gotten a stuck shell since.

That's why I love tis place, someone to point out the obvious...thank you. I'll use the brush with some jewelers compound before I take it out again cool.png