New OEM threaded flash hider (pic)

Due to popular demand, I had a custom M22 x .75 tap made in order to thread the flash hiders for the factory threaded barrels. I hope I sell a few of these since the tap cost $130.

They will run $49ea, same as the others even though they take a bit more work to do.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=363189

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

918 251-5640

tony, can you thread the muzzles of cut barrels or those without threads for the factory barrel "elongater" that the factory makes too, and the chokes, is what you are saying? (just to make it clear before anyone asks???)

or do you just have the tap and not the die made?

tony, can you thread the muzzles of cut barrels or those without threads for the factory barrel "elongater" that the factory makes too, and the chokes, is what you are saying? (just to make it clear before anyone asks???)

Usually folks cut threads on a lathe, a die is not necessary.

Usually folks cut threads on a lathe, a die is not necessary.

If you have a Russian made lathe you can cut those threads. I don't expect Tony to be importing one.

I only bought a tap, not a die.....at least so far.

My American made South Bend lathe is not geared to cut metric threads.

I can thread barrels 7/8-28 and make 7/8-28 flash hiders, but that would not allow the OEM attachments to work.

I only bought a tap, not a die.....at least so far.

My American made South Bend lathe is not geared to cut metric threads.

I can thread barrels 7/8-28 and make 7/8-28 flash hiders, but that would not allow the OEM attachments to work.

My uncle used to be the largest used machinery dealer in the midwest and upper midwestern United States Tony. If your ever in need of a good used lathe that can cut metric threads, maybe I could still find you a good deal on one. Anything to help the cause.

Now that it looks like my Saiga is on it's way, I can look at goodies like this. It looks great but it's not exactly what I am looking for. I need a compensator not a flash hider. Can you do those as well? It looks like the flash hider would work if you left out one or two of the vents on the bottom, sort of like the military M-16 flash hiders, they have more slots on the top and sides than on the bottom thus venting more gas and keeping the muzzle down.

The one side no slots would be great. I had in mind useing it with an after market front sight and modifying the sight by adding a locator pin like the Romanian AKs have. I should have my gun by the end of the month and I'll let you know then the particulars.

I don't believe any that were imported were threaded. At least I haven't seen any...

I'd be interested in 2 of the S-20 FH's like this - minus the threads.

post-2093-1136984447_thumb.jpg

Would they be bonded then? I can't remember how you've done the S-12's.

Set screws would be fine as well. I can mic the o.d. of the barrels & get you the #'s.

You should start a thread for 'em & gauge interest. I imagine it would be better

to do a batch. I need to wait for $$ from uncle sam first. (like everyone else)

Hopefully when the new guns are in, you won't be too swamped to do these kick-ass projects!

Yeah, just give me the 20ga barrel dims and I can make you one, no problem.

On another note, I just dropped $150 today on a M22x.75 die so I will be able to cut factory threads on the barrels. I will have to first chuck the barreled action up in the lathe, set the steady rest at the back end, then turn/true up OD of the barrel using a centered mandrel in the bore. A set screw would be run through the side of the barrel at the very tip to anchor it to the mandrel. After the nominal diameter is cut, I will then part off the very tip of the barrel where the set screw was and clean up the crown with a piloted face cutter. Then take the die and insert it into a long guide, slide the assembly over the barrel and cut the new threads. $45 if you want this added to your Tromix conversion.

Tony, You could make an internal expanding collet. Before turning the collet to size, bore a 1/4" hole through the center, mill 3 thin slots at the end, and compress that part before turning to finish size. Then all you need is a piece of 1/4 drill rod with a bullet tip ground on one end to expand the collet in the bore. That should save several steps.

G O B

I don't believe any that were imported were threaded. At least I haven't seen any...

I'd be interested in 2 of the S-20 FH's like this - minus the threads.

post-2093-1136984447_thumb.jpg

Would they be bonded then? I can't remember how you've done the S-12's.

Set screws would be fine as well. I can mic the o.d. of the barrels & get you the #'s.

You should start a thread for 'em & gauge interest. I imagine it would be better

to do a batch. I need to wait for $$ from uncle sam first. (like everyone else)

Hopefully when the new guns are in, you won't be too swamped to do these kick-ass projects!

Hey Tony, do you have the specs on the 20 gauge yet? I would like one of these crack head go to sleep FH for my S20. Let me know a price and i'll get it off in the mail ASAP! I would like the non threaded one. thanx

Roadkill45 - Tony needs the O.D. dimension of the muzzle. I'll throw some calipers on mine & my buddy's S-20's tonight & post. If you can, do the same. Both of my S-20's (2002 models) and my buddy's (2000 model)bores were 0.623" I.D.. The O.D.'s are probably similiar. I thought it was .796" or close to it.

Put your info in this thread while you're at it...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8082

edited to add:

Mine and Craig's are both .795" O.D.

Edited by dinzag
Roadkill45 - Tony needs the O.D. dimension of the muzzle. I'll throw some calipers on mine & my buddy's S-20's tonight & post. If you can, do the same. Both of my S-20's (2002 models) and my buddy's (2000 model)bores were 0.623" I.D.. The O.D.'s are probably similiar. I thought it was .796" or close to it.

Put your info in this thread while you're at it...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8082

edited to add:

Mine and Craig's are both .795" O.D.

hmmmm....Russian consistency? .795 OD, what are the chances of that quality control? LOL Are you going for a clamp on or threaded? clampy for me!

That is the sickest flash hider in existence!

I love that shit!

That would tear the fuck up out of my gun bag though....LOL

put a 1 1/2 inch black cane/crutch tip on it while in transit!

That is the sickest flash hider in existence!

I love that shit!

That would tear the fuck up out of my gun bag though....LOL

put a 1 1/2 inch black cane/crutch tip on it while in transit!

So there's at least 8 orders for the "no thread" killer, let's start production!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY

I won't make any until someone actually orders one............like sends money or gives me a CC number.

Now are these russian manu, altered by you or are they made in the US and marked? OEM seems to me to indicate russian origin and usa altered. How would you install them on a saiga without threads? pin weld?

I make them in my shop here in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

They are bonded in place with Green #620 locktite or red will work too.

With a thin bond line, they don't come off. I also weld them on if a customer requests it.

Edited by TonyRumore