you really can't tell from a trailer if the movie would be any good or a stinker, all trailer make a movie look good, but that doesn't mean the movie will be any good. ie.  the trailer for PERAL HARBOR made the movie look good also.   but it was nearly 3 hours of 2 guys trying to get into a girl's panty with 3 minutes of special effects.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 5

you really can't tell from a trailer if the movie would be any good or a stinker, all trailer make a movie look good, but that doesn't mean the movie will be any good. ie.  the trailer for PERAL HARBOR made the movie look good also.   but it was nearly 3 hours of 2 guys trying to get into a girl's panty with 3 minutes of special effects.

And one FUBAR history lesson with Doolittle's Raiders.   I watched it, then broke the DVD.  At least "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Bros." kept it real.

• Like 2

And one FUBAR history lesson with Doolittle's Raiders.   I watched it, then broke the DVD.  At least "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Bros." kept it real.

I really liked saving private Ryan. Good movie. I think the new Godzilla will be pretty good. I'll prob go see it.

Oh c'mon, what's unrealistic about F22s strafing a giant animal (who shrugs off dozens of 20mm hits like so many flies), and then having the F22 fly so low and so slow that the animal can swat it with it's tail?

What's unrealistic about an animal so large it would need a blood pressure of 4,000 mmhg just so the blood could reach it's brain?  (Giraffes have a blood pressure up to 400 mmhg, which is close to the maximum practical pressure from a heart.)

But none of that is anywhere near as ridiculous as having a 100 foot robot weighing upwards of 25,000 tons being carried by helicopters.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Oh c'mon, what's unrealistic about F22s strafing a giant animal (who shrugs off dozens of 20mm hits like so many flies), and then having the F22 fly so low and so slow that the animal can swat it with it's tail?

What's unrealistic about an animal so large it would need a blood pressure of 4,000 mmhg just so the blood could reach it's brain? (Giraffes have a blood pressure up to 400 mmhg, which is close to the maximum practical pressure from a heart.)

But none of that is anywhere near as ridiculous as having a 100 foot robot weighing upwards of 25,000 tons being carried by helicopters.

Ok the robots were rediculous, but the animal being that big is possible. An Argentinosaurus was about 100 feet from head to tip of tail, weighed over 100 tons, and was about 6 stories tall. (I know, I know, it's a dinosaur lol)

post-34181-0-38799600-1387307480.jpgpost-34181-0-24788600-1387307486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ethan M

If you do a little reading you'll find that the head-up posture portrayed in that image would only have been possible for short periods, since the size heart that would have been required to maintain blood pressure with the head up would have been unworkable.

In all likelihood the head was kept more or less even with the shoulders most of the time, only raised for a few seconds at a time, with special muscles clamping the blood vessels to prevent the blood from rushing away from the brain.

And then there is the fact that the oxygen levels in the atmosphere were higher back then, requiring less blood flow.

But I'll still see Godzilla, just like I watched Pacific Rim, for mindless entertainment.

• Like 2

If you do a little reading you'll find that the head-up posture portrayed in that image would only have been possible for short periods, since the size heart that would have been required to maintain blood pressure with the head up would have been unworkable.

In all likelihood the head was kept more or less even with the shoulders most of the time, only raised for a few seconds at a time, with special muscles clamping the blood vessels to prevent the blood from rushing away from the brain.

And then there is the fact that the oxygen levels in the atmosphere were higher back then, requiring less blood flow.

But I'll still see Godzilla, just like I watched Pacific Rim, for mindless entertainment.

You are correct good sir. They would only lift there heads up that high to eat or see above something. (According to theory anyway lol)

high volume, low pressure.

haha.gif

Wait, you are joking, right?

I don't know, are we still talking giant dinosaur biology?

I just found it funny because the basic physics of pumping a liquid uphill comes down to pressure.  Without the required pressure there is no volume, no matter how large the pump.  Ask anybody who drills deep water wells.

Your comment appears to say that you can substitute volume for pressure, which is why I thought you were joking.

My comment about oxygen levels referred to the need for less volume because pumps (hearts) can be smaller for a given pressure if less volume is required, so dinosaur hearts would need to be larger if they lived today.

Whale hearts are indeed high volume, low pressure.  But that's only because they live under water.  Despite it's enormous size, blue whales blood pressure is no higher than our own.