I understood that was the idea, it's just the oddball stuff that catches my eye, or the lack of it.

Wow. I read the blurb. That guy claims to have purchased all of those and ammassed that collection by horse trading with only about $1000 in cash over 3 year.

Hats off to that guy.

Read the blurb on this one:

feel brave enough to try it? http://imgur.com/a/zGV7i#49

I don't like long rifles, but for some reason the looks of that really appeal to me. I need help.

Edited by GunFun

You guys are seeing this inside out without the context information.  This isn't a generic WWII gun collection.  It's an attempt at gathering a representative gun from each nation that fought in WWII.

http://imgur.com/a/zGV7i#0

I

Y'all are too funny.

This was not meant to be definitive collection of every rifle used in WWII.

Othais, I find it funny too, that your first post here, and at M14forum.com is in the same thread.

Welcome to Saiga12.com. & M14forum.com.

There are guns longer than an M91?

The very last one (longest) is a Gew88 I believe.

Not even close. Its a Vetterli M1870/87/15. (BTW, they are labeled at the bottom.)

German GEW-88

attachicon.gifGerman_GEW_88.jpg

Italian Vetterli M1870/87/15

attachicon.gifM18708715Vetterli.jpg

Then I must have been thinking of a different German rifle.

I understood that was the idea, it's just the oddball stuff that catches my eye, or the lack of it.

Wow. I read the blurb. That guy claims to have purchased all of those and ammassed that collection by horse trading with only about $1000 in cash over 3 year.

Hats off to that guy.

Read the blurb on this one:

feel brave enough to try it? http://imgur.com/a/zGV7i#49

I don't like long rifles, but for some reason the looks of that really appeal to me. I need help.

You might want to look into a Vetterli M1878/81. They are tube fed, beautiful rifles - the original cartridge is rimfire, but they're not too difficult to convert to centerfire - I used a donor bolt from a rifle sporterized by Sears back in the day. They look like that rifle, but better.

Thanks. I don't want one, I just think it looks cool. I'm sure there's a steampunk guy somewhere gluing some watch cogs and the front of a trumpet onto one.

It's funny how subtle lines and changes really highlight the thinking of an era. Like looking at a 70s beretta 92 verses a new one, or a 1911 from the 40s vs the 80s, vs the 1990s, and current.

Othais, I find it funny too, that your first post here, and at M14forum.com is in the same thread.

Welcome to Saiga12.com. & M14forum.com.

I back search my images to make sure I police my copyrights.  I've had magazines, blogs, etc. swipe them.  When I see people chatting I can't help but spread the C&R love.

In fairness, the cost of that collection doubled because I bought the Belgian Mauser last for like, $1,200.  I did snag two Mosins and a MAS and will see about $400 back by the end of the trading.  Gotta build back my collection fund but I'm glad to have it.  So that should set the pattern, several good trades or resells to build up a reserve to buy the rare stuff, or lucky buys on rare stuff that fund several normal rifles.

Edited by Othais
  • Like 1

Are we talking single personal use or production? Because I'll gift you permission individually for the main image but I have to be a little careful about handing out a broad option since I'm heading into some publishing.

Single personal use, I'd like to have a 36"x12" poster made of the image.

One to put in my gun room, very inspirational for me as a cruffler.

I'd like to use, http://www.zazzle.com/custom/posters

We can take this to PM to arrange for permission.

It will be needed to get a poster done through a good print service, as I will need to either have permission or claim copyright.

Are we talking single personal use or production? Because I'll gift you permission individually for the main image but I have to be a little careful about handing out a broad option since I'm heading into some publishing.

Single personal use, I'd like to have a 36"x12" poster made of the image.

One to put in my gun room, very inspirational for me as a cruffler.

I'd like to use, http://www.zazzle.com/custom/posters

We can take this to PM to arrange for permission.

It will be needed to get a poster done through a good print service, as I will need to either have permission or claim copyright.

Yeah, I don't plan on taking this one to print because it's more my personal collection and is constantly updating. Email me over at the site Nagao at CandRsenal.com and I'll dig around and see if I have a higher resolution or more inclusive version.

I just picked up a Mosin at Gander. Been wanting one. With the sale Gander is having 129. Seems like a good deal for one now. The guy was cool enough to let me go through what they had to pick a really decent one. They have about 35 of them. Took about 7 and I figured I had a winner. I want a M1 really bad. Nice post Chile.