Firebird TAC-12 Upper - Here it is Folks

This is something I have been anxiously awaiting for some time. I didn't feel my project was complete until I was able to shed the factory upper.

Once these are out I understand they will only be available in very limited quantities, make sure to touch base with the folks at Firebird to get on the list for preorder.

tlytLQr.jpg

GidNUwa.jpg

hoZSen9.jpg

9DeyS8z.jpg

Edited by ec4321
  • Like 1

I am sure some will. For me, I already have the almost complete TAC-12, I wanted the direct interfaced handguard and free float, etc.This handguard is held on by the interface to the receiver, and not retained by the gas system. 

Am going to do some shooting with her, hopefully tomorrow and will report back. The action feels amazing so far. 

It's a thing of beauty to see a properly modern shotgun that is completely made here.

Well, pretty much everything. At least the barrel, bolt and bolt carrier are still Turkish in that gun.

I am sure some will. For me, I already have the almost complete TAC-12, I wanted the direct interfaced handguard and free float, etc.This handguard is held on by the interface to the receiver, and not retained by the gas system. 

Yeah, both will be great choices, but the A1 is still some ways out. As I have another baby on the way and probably wont be doing much competing next year, it seemed silly to upgrade a gun I barely wont use, since when I get back to shooting I'm sure the A1 will be out :)

No baby and I probably would have upgraded too.

Edited by gose

"Well, pretty much everything. At least the barrel, bolt and bolt carrier are still Turkish in that gun."--

Yeah I knew there were a few bits left in yours-- but aren't they made from scratch in the complete package guns FB sells? That's more where my sentiment came from.

When you think about it, its an American gun made as an improved version of a Turkish gun that is sandwiching one American gun into the form factor of another American gun, and incorporating a charging handle that is reminiscent of Belgian and German guns. We just need a little bit of Asian and South American influence in there and we will have the gun that finally unites the whole world in multicutural peace, unity, and general awesomeness. We should submit the developers for a Nobel Prize.

Yeah I knew there were a few bits left in yours-- but aren't they made from scratch in the complete package guns FB sells? That's more where my sentiment came from.

The FB Tac 12 uppers and lowers are basically improved replacement for the factory ones.

AFAIK, the 12A1 will have new FB made uppers, lowers, bolts and barrels that will be similar to the factory/Tac 12 ones, but wont be backwards compatible.

Edited by gose