recovertactical.com

I also like seeing new ideas sprout up. I also like the idea, but there are already at least 3 solutions to the "no rail" problem. Price doesn't seem to be too bad for someone wanting to toy with it, I've spend more on some holsters I don't even use. 

You can already: Hold a light, have a rail mechanically attached to your pistol, or have some forethought and buy a 1911 with an integral rail, or use the excuse to buy ANOTHER 1911. 

Again: innovation is good, but I'll keep my un-railed 1911.

I dunno, for $50 I think it's kinda cool.  :)

Makes sense it was designed by an Israeli, I read somewhere that in Israel you're only allowed ONE firearm. (!) You ARE allowed to have pretty-much whatever accessories you want for it though, which is why other accessory/rail systems have been made there for various pistols.  :up:

There are holsters out there for railed 1911s. Just go on any holster mfg website and they list 1911 W/holster or 1911 WO/holster.

Sure you can buy one with a rail but it does add weight and you might not use it all the time. Or if you have a regular 1911 and are using it for HD its better to have one hand free as opposed to having to hold a light constantly. Assuming thi is a quality part, this way you can have both.