How was y'alls Friday the 13th??? Mine sucked. First off, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. From the no heat in building, air compressor not working, fork lift breaking down, to fixing my helpers mistakes. I know, just another day on the job! Then, UPS loses all my Boyd's gun stocks in a snow storm in Houston. That is where customer service in India said it was lost. (for those of you that live in H-Town or near here, you will understand) There was NO F-ING SNOW STORM HERE LADY, I LIVE IN HOUSTON!!!!! Next, was the long rivet tool I was expecting, never showed. So I message the seller and he responded "payment never received" Contacted USPS and they said must be lost due to adverse weather conditions and you cannot file a claim until after 60 days. Now, my POSP scope is MIA from Michigan, and have not heard any news that my original Molot GK-01 has been located yet. I've never believed in "superstitions" but, I can tell you this, Friday the 13th is one hell of an unlucky day for me. Rant is over. I feel a little better...

Oh, and Classic Firearms is up to their usual shenanigans. My Russian bakelites are not shipping due to them catching up with Black Friday orders and, you guessed it, adverse weather conditions.

OK, Now rant is over

Edited by Sport Rescue

How was y'alls Friday the 13th??? Mine sucked. First off, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. From the no heat in building, air compressor not working, fork lift breaking down, to fixing my helpers mistakes. I know, just another day on the job! Then, UPS loses all my Boyd's gun stocks in a snow storm in Houston. That is where customer service in India said it was lost. (for those of you that live in H-Town or near here, you will understand) There was NO F-ING SNOW STORM HERE LADY, I LIVE IN HOUSTON!!!!! Next, was the long rivet tool I was expecting, never showed. So I message the seller and he responded "payment never received" Contacted USPS and they said must be lost due to adverse weather conditions and you cannot file a claim until after 60 days. Now, my POSP scope is MIA from Michigan, and have not heard any news that my original Molot GK-01 has been located yet. I've never believed in "superstitions" but, I can tell you this, Friday the 13th is one hell of an unlucky day for me. Rant is over. I feel a little better...

Oh, and Classic Firearms is up to their usual shenanigans. My Russian bakelites are not shipping due to them catching up with Black Friday orders and, you guessed it, adverse weather conditions.

OK, Now rant is over

Yeah. I'm not gonna even say what kind of problems I had after reading this. Lol that sucks man

When it rains, it pours.

The '81 Toy decided to puke it's 30 year old alternator on the way to work Friday morning.  Pretty simple......after I spend $120 on BOTH parts.  Mine has the external regulator. Both parts are going to be replaced due to age.

Well, decided to crack the Ranchero out of winter storage and run it until I can get the parts for the Toy after Christmas.  Loaded up to go to the range Saturday morning, and the AOD trans decided to puke the OD band going through town.  It's still drivable, and wonderful Ford Motors knew the OD band was too small.  Trans shop quoted me $300 for a new design OD band, improved shift kit, and labor.  Range trip went out the window.

Well, wife goes over to a friend's house for the afternoon, and calls me when she gets there.  She has a slight antifreeze smell from under the hood.  Youngest looks under the hood, and she has a slight drip out the weep hole on the water pump.  Bud dried it real good and filled the hole with Form-a-gasket.  I told her it's in the early stages of bushing failure, but should get her through until spring......we hope.  I just dumped $1,500 into having the ball joints/tie rod ends/control arm bushings replaced.

Finally, wife decides she wants to hit the hot tub before bed.  As we are sitting in there, we hear a loud pop, and the pump RPM changes.  The jets stop flowing.  Open the door, and the shaft seal for the primary pump is laying in the bottom of the cabinet.  The secondary pump runs the low-flow jets and water through the heater, so I just disconnected the primary pump for the moment.  Nice thing on that, I already have the rebuild kit for the pump on my desk, just waiting on a new gate valve to arrive so I can do it all at one time. 

When it rains, it pours.

The '81 Toy decided to puke it's 30 year old alternator on the way to work Friday morning.  Pretty simple......after I spend $120 on BOTH parts.  Mine has the external regulator. Both parts are going to be replaced due to age.

Well, decided to crack the Ranchero out of winter storage and run it until I can get the parts for the Toy after Christmas.  Loaded up to go to the range Saturday morning, and the AOD trans decided to puke the OD band going through town.  It's still drivable, and wonderful Ford Motors knew the OD band was too small.  Trans shop quoted me $300 for a new design OD band, improved shift kit, and labor.  Range trip went out the window.

Well, wife goes over to a friend's house for the afternoon, and calls me when she gets there.  She has a slight antifreeze smell from under the hood.  Youngest looks under the hood, and she has a slight drip out the weep hole on the water pump.  Bud dried it real good and filled the hole with Form-a-gasket.  I told her it's in the early stages of bushing failure, but should get her through until spring......we hope.  I just dumped $1,500 into having the ball joints/tie rod ends/control arm bushings replaced.

Finally, wife decides she wants to hit the hot tub before bed.  As we are sitting in there, we hear a loud pop, and the pump RPM changes.  The jets stop flowing.  Open the door, and the shaft seal for the primary pump is laying in the bottom of the cabinet.  The secondary pump runs the low-flow jets and water through the heater, so I just disconnected the primary pump for the moment.  Nice thing on that, I already have the rebuild kit for the pump on my desk, just waiting on a new gate valve to arrive so I can do it all at one time. 

Sounds like my day...Keep them coming. I wanna know we're not the only ones who had a crappy Friday the 13th. It eases my frustration!!!!!

Was supposed to meet my uncle to pick up a washer and dryer at 12:30.   Show up a little early at the house but uncle is nowhere to be found, but the basement door is open. So I go inside to find out that the "gas" dryer has a 220 plug.  great, i'll deal with that later.

Disconnect the washer, take all small parts out to the truck. Still waiting on uncle to show up with the dolly to move them, about 1300 I walk the dryer up the stairs and get it into the back of truck. The washer took another 20 mins to load.

Get them back to my place, they are too wide to fit through the interior doorway... so they are sitting in the kitchen till I can re frame the interior doorway.