No suprise really.

However. This coming from someone who chooses to come here and predominately use our For Sale to hock his wares. thekatar a "member" here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&...&t=80871&page=4

Saiga12.com is mostly TAPCO...meaning our guns are substandard.

Even though this guy owns a saiga.... :rolleyes:

Don't sweat...you can sell your shit here. And when you need help with your weapons...We'll be here for you.

Cuz that's Saiga12.com

why limit myself to one platform? exactly what does that mean? I see guys here almost on a daily basis talking about some other type of gun or weapon. the only thing limiting this board is the number of members. that is changing rapidly.

take a look through this forum. obviously someone isnt reading about all the other stuff we talk about here.

prolly what you said dodge, only here to sell stuff, doesnt look at the rest of what people have to offer on here. then again, saying a relatively new forum that is just getting on the board is limited, is a pretty lame statement. but that is ok. know why guys? because everyone has thier right to thier opinion. including me. :) I often and openly tell people what I think, in case noone has noticed, and that is how it is. I catch flak for things I say, but thats the game. you shouldnt be banned for saying something when people can just yell right back at you like they would in the real world.

(ruseller got tossed off barf.com? uhm, maybe its because they dont have thier vendor/dealer instructions in russian? who'd a thought, a russian actually selling ak47 parts...I NEVER SAW THAT COMING. that is probably why we dont see more of our russian friends selling parts on here. bad taste from the other boards. who the hell wants to deal with that shit? )

the guys at ar-15.com take thier right to bear arms so goddamn serious, and then turn around and as they put it "police" the people's comments.

here? I would just like to go ahead and make it clear. I am not your fucking mother. you are responsible for starting shit with other people, with what you post in your threads, what you sell, etc.

Im not saying there are no rules here, but common sense applies and is a great thing. considering we are a new forum, and have attracted some of the top builders in the country already, nevermind the number of guys that I see say all the time that THIS is the first internet forum they joined, let everyone do business for FREE (so far), and basically run the whole show with the honor system,

....I think we are doing good, despite the few minor problems we have had.

it seems that people after dealing with forums with 9 million rules are afraid to just ASK a question, let alone join. Ive noticed that is predominantly what is attracting the newer shooters out there to this forum, is they have confidence they can ask anything they need an answer to, about ANY gun, and will get an intelligent answer (well, usually intelligent), in short time.

soon there may be a couple small changes here, but I would like to make it known that the basic way that this forum is run will never change.

pistonring: what if you are one that doesnt take other people's shit? then what? regulating a gun forum's typed comments is kind of against what we are supposed to believe and do as american gun owners.

I have been known to look at other forums, but they are like visiting your cousin with the white carpets and chrome/glass furniture. Now matter how nice the people are, you never feel like your home! Here we can spit out the front door, drink beer, scratch, holler and get rowdy. :killer: Home! :smoke::wub:

G O B

Some random thoughts about this.

If "taking shit" is following rules then you are probably going to have problems at any forum

Ruseller ignored the rules even after being told about them, so what should they do?

Whining about other websites is the best way to get people to stay away in droves.

And as far as the comment that started this thread -

Saiga-12? That place is mostly WECSOG and TAPCO... why limit yourself to one platform?

WECSOG? You bet, and proud of it! Tapco? Well now I can simply put him in the list of other Kalishnasnobs whose opinion I value lower than whale shit. ;)

Limit ourself? What is the name of this forum again? :rolleyes:

So when it comes down to it, I dont see the problem, so what if some see Saigas as the bastard child of Mikhail, that's fine, just leaves more for me. :D

Between barfcom banning or threatening to ban folks for talking about 'assault flashlights' and other stupidity and gns "re-directing'' funds to his pocket that were donated to a soldier in the sandbox, the two big boards really aren't worth the time.

Edited by M15A4spr

ruseller probably couldnt understand the ninety pages of rules, let alone which of them actually applied to him. but I am not referring to just that. thats just an example I used.

see here is the thing though. I get your point onepoint (hah), but the thing is, if people steer clear of us because we openly say what we think about whatever the discussion is about, including internet forums that are run so tightly that people are AFRAID to speak up, then we probably dont want the particular person here ANYWAY. thats pretty close minded, and people like that just are not worth the trouble.

one of the best things going for this forum is its personality and personability. Im only trying to point that out.

and if i want to bash someone or something, fortunately, I have a right to free speech and freedom of the press, and I will do just that, without fear of being banned from some forum on the internet. people think we are limited here because they know how the shop is run ELSEWHERE, where you get shit from people for posting something that isnt EXACTLY about what they are talking about, or even banned. why wouldnt one think that we are only talking about saigas here, if that is how all the OTHER forums are policed and censored?

I also second what GOB and M15A4spr said.

pistonring: what if you are one that doesnt take other people's shit? then what? regulating a gun forum's typed comments is kind of against what we are supposed to believe and do as american gun owners.

I've never had to be an asshole to get my point across. I agree that arguing over the net is like running in the special olympics. I just try to have fun, share some knowledge and enjoy a common interest. I will go out of my way not to step on anyones toes. I try to relate through humor, but be helpful as much as possible. Im willing to take as much "shit" as I have to, then I'll just go away for awhile. On the internet, I will keep a distance from everyone as if you were all equally psychotic and prone to stalk and kill random victims.....lol.

In real life, I like to win arguments. I like to be the guy that everybody goes to for help or knowledge or repair work. I like to be the guy who gets the last word, front of the line, back of the bus and top of the heap. I like to always be right, and to know a little bit about everything. In real life, I like to be the guy that keeps upper management worried and my neighbors overly polite.

On the internet, its just not that important to me, to be the winner. I come here for entertainment.

And I come here to collect whatever information I might need.

if people steer clear of us because we openly say what we think about whatever the discussion is about, including internet forums that are run so tightly that people are AFRAID to speak up, then we probably dont want the particular person here ANYWAY.

People who are new or looking for or to share info tend to steer clear of places that bitch about other places that are successful, case in point the reaction to the comment there about here. How many Saiga fans are ready to go and give our good freind The katar a hand now? People afraid to speak up there? Hardly, people come and go all the time on every forum, nature of the beast. I dont care for Arfcoms moderation styke, or any big forum just because of the way it has to be run. Simply way toi many to deal with them one on one everyday. Mega forums like that are good to cruise through, and skim off the good info, but I wouldn't pitch my tent there by any means.

I am a bit of a newbie around these parts, but I really like this site. I have been on Arfcom for a few years now and it just keeps getting worse. While I am no fan of Tapco stuff, to each their own. The ak side of arfcom is much less hard-core. I spend more time over there these days. Not because I prefer Ak's, I like Ar's and Ak's equally. The Ar guys can be a whiney prissy bunch.

Edited by h8mtv
If Tapco stuff is second rate, and people who use there stuff have second rate firearms, then why do so many people who are arfcom fans buy stuff that Tapco sells? :unsure:, and yes I'm talking about both sides of the forum.

I wouldn't say it's second rate. It just looks like shit.

If Tapco stuff is second rate, and people who use there stuff have second rate firearms, then why do so many people who are arfcom fans buy stuff that Tapco sells? :unsure:, and yes I'm talking about both sides of the forum.

I wouldn't say it's second rate. It just looks like shit.

To each his own. I'm not big on some of Tapco's stuff but I do like their T-6 collapsing stock on my .223 conversion. Cheap, tight, adjustable, reasonable appearance.....dare I say better than some $1000 AR's I've seen just today at the gunshow. I also prefer their G2 FCG over FSE's group. Of course I have commented I am not a big fan of their Saiga Galil handguard which I find to be a little too wide. Hells bells, the furniture on a stock Saiga ain't the sharpest thing you ever saw and it's as slippery as the devil. So.......

Wolvie