Firebird High Energy System Problems & Issues

Has anyone had any issues or Problems with Firebirds High Enery System for the MKA 1919....The Barrel  Does not have a tight fit  in the receiver and thus inables the the barrel move Clockwise & anti Clockwise in the Receiver making the front sight move almost an 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch?

Thank you for your response But I've done all that everyone here has  sugested as I've been in contact with all of the firebird crew Jim, Nanci, His Wife & Chris for over six months they have done lots of work on BOTH of my guns a standard Black & The CAMO one as well But I had them send me the HIGH ENERGY SYSTEM and had my own gunsmith install it with Jims input through several telephone calls & Conversations JUST the whole thing is getting old as for some reason that Jim was baffled that it  still was lose in the receiver and I've already spent over one hundred and fifty dollars just in shipping it back and forth and really didn't want to have to do it again so thats why I thought that I would join the forum and try my luck here to see what I got for feed back.

Edited by SCooper

Thank you for your response But I've done all that everyone here has  sugested as I've been in contact with all of the firebird crew Jim, Nanci, His Wife & Chris for over six months they have done lots of work on BOTH of my guns a standard Black & The CAMO one as well But I had them send me the HIGH ENERGY SYSTEM and had my own gunsmith install it with Jims input through several telephone calls & Conversations JUST the whole thing is getting old as for some reason that Jim was baffled that it  still was lose in the receiver and I've already spent over one hundred and fifty dollars just in shipping it back and forth and really didn't want to have to do it again so thats why I thought that I would join the forum and try my luck here to see what I got for feed back.

Yes I did go over this with your gunsmith.

It was determined long ago that you have one of the upper receivers that is machined in error.

A few MKA uppers were over bored at the factory, and that allows the barrel to set deeper in the upper than it should.

That error creates excess space between the seal sleeve (part of HEOS) and the rear internal surface of the hand guard

This error also causes the barrel to be in direct contact with the feed ramp resulting in broken ramps.

It is possible to use an O ring of larger diameter to negate that space, but the upper receiver is the problem.

RAAC is very aware of this problem, and have replaced uppers like yours in the past.

You were made aware of this from the beginning when I talked at length with the gunsmith that was installing the HEOS,and last I heard you were going to contact RAAC about this.

If all else fails, I have an extra camo upper, if RAAC cant make it right,  I can.

Jim

• 5 months later...

I just checked my barrel with the same FB set up, and my barrel moves when you twist it.  I have been having probems with it feeding sometimes.  Could this be the problem?  I have the XN now, because I sent my original back to the factory and it was replaced with an XN.  Is this problem prevalent on this model?  I was thinking about sending it to FB to see if they could figure out what is wrong with it.  

Thanks,

Z