2 3/4 & 3 dram Low Brass Recycling issues

How many  rounds  of BUCKSHOT have to put through these guns for them to fully recycle 2 3/4 & 3 dram low brass loads, with no issues like  not rejecting, Hangups  & stove piping? Because I've heard of some having no problems after only a hundred or so then i've heard of no problems at all right outta the box, then some say that they never will recycle anything lower than 3 3/4 dram loads. I've put a little over 100 rounds in BOTH of my guns and still having  rejecting hanging up & stove pipping issues and I know I'll probraly have to put alot more, just wondering if it will ever recycle the low dram & low brass ammo.

Thank You for your feed back,  BUT just wanted to know  how many rounds of buckshot it would take to be able to fully recycle the low brass loads in ether gun or if they EVER would,   and to your question about the bolt staying back on the last load YES they both do

Edited by SCooper

Assuming your ammo is consistently loaded ( some manufacturers have underpowered loads). Most of your issues can be traced to your mags and how the feed lips are tuned. We have found that even stove pipes are caused by the slightest issue in mag tuning. Are you getting any times where the gun will run properly? 2-3 shells then back to not running? Any detail to what malfunctions you are having as far as, failure to eject, failure to feed, stove pipe, double feed, or failure to fire would be very helpful and would allow us to diagnose your actual problem sooner. Also detail on the shells you are running would be helpful.

You need to find out what velocity the shells are, which you are shooting. 

2 1/2 or 3 dram equivalent means nothing.  3 drams of what powder????  Nobody knows what the reference is or what it is equivalent to.  This is a 40 year old references.

Buy shells which have the stated velocity on the box, and there again like previously stated, they are generally a little bit below the claimed velocity.

Buy a chronograph!!!!

Jack

You will not be able to run 1145 fps shells in your gun until it is well broken in. Bottom line is running those low power shells, you will need to run another 200 rds through each before they will start to run. Run some 1300+FPS and call it a day. Any chance  you could answer my previous questions?

Thank you for your feed back & help, greatly appreciated MOST of my issues were none stove pipe related as what it seemed was happening is stove piping ormaybe I have the wrong meaning of STOVE PIPING because because of the spent shells not rejecting they were blocking the fresh shells from being fed from the mag. BUT I never have ANY issues or Problems when using 1325 FPS & above buckshot its ONLY when I use the Low Brass, lower  powder loads Hope i explained it correctly so it will be clearly understood what I seem to be experiencing.

Edited by SCooper

Your having stovepipe`s, as you know you don't have any problems with higher 1300+ shells these you need to use to "soften" run in the gun, buckshot is immaterial , its the Feet Per Second, FPS power you need to sort it out.

Then when run in start to try other makes of lower,and perhaps then try lower power spring.

Thank you for your feed back & help, greatly appreciated MOST of my issues were none stove pipe related as what it seemed was happening is stove piping ormaybe I have the wrong meaning of STOVE PIPING because because of the spent shells not rejecting they were blocking the fresh shells from being fed from the mag. BUT I never have ANY issues or Problems when using 1325 FPS & above buckshot its ONLY when I use the Low Brass, lower  powder loads Hope i explained it correctly so it will be clearly understood what I seem to be experiencing.

Sounds like what you were really experiencing is a failure to extract due to low power shells not cycling the bolt carrier back far enough to eject the spent shell and pick up the new shell? That is the symptom I have been working through. So far I have read a lot on this forum (GunFun has some good ideas and suggestions in various threads) and as I have put several of the suggestions to use, results with my gun are improving. The best ones are those that describe some areas to polish and examine as smoothing rough spots in the action has saved many dollars worth of shells. Shooting the gun will eventually clearance and polish the rough spots but a little TLC in the meantime on the bench is cheaper.

Edited by Inspector 12