I jus purchased a nearly new, like maybe 5 rounds thru it, Norinco paratrooper. All matching, all original, beautiful. Some guy wants to trade a beautiful Savage 24c, 22lr/20 gauge for it. These are both guns that I have spent a lot of time looking for....argh! Personal experience, opinions please. Thanks.

Took me a long time to find my Norinco paratrooper mdl. I wouldn't trade it for that. Not sure on the availability of that particular Savage but they are not importing any more Chinese guns at all.

• Like 1

The 24 series are no longer in production and they made very few 24c's. But yes they are now making a Savage 42. So far just in 22lr/.410 but more to come I'm sure. One thing I like about the potential value of the sks is in case a detach mag ban comes into play down the road. A ten round fixed mag rifle firing the 7.62x39 would get very popular I'd guess.

Edit/

The Norinco is the nicest sks I've set eyes on. Coupled with the 16 inch barrel, wow! Just bad timing with the other coming available I guess. I almost traded a 1979 Marlin 39A for a 24c years ago, but, kept the 39A to give to my brother for a birthday gift.

Edited by superA

The Savage 24c goes from 350-550 depending on condition and caliber. This one is on the 500+ spectrum. The sks does not take AK mags, which I like. I love the 10 round fixed mag. The only thing I plan on changing is putting on tech sights and looking for a fixed 20 round mag.

I know someone who got very near his asking price of $1000 for his paratrooper, just a few days ago.

Do do it.

Where the hell was he? I love mine and I'd bet it's nicer than his was. But for 1000 bucks they can have it and a fraction of my soul.

I know someone who got very near his asking price of $1000 for his paratrooper, just a few days ago.

Do not do it.

Found out tonight the rifle came with a case of ammo. That makes more since now.

I was scratching my head too.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Do not do it.

Found out tonight the rifle came with a case of ammo. That makes more since now.

I was scratching my head too.

Well look man, I said I would sale a fraction of my soul. Nobody said anything about ammo.

• Like 1

You guys are smart. I did just as you all advised and told him I couldn't do it. I also called him a racist just cause it seems the thing to do these days.

Did you make sure and remind him it was all Bush's fault?  haha.gif

• Like 3