changing the volume of your thoughts

The trick is to completely turn your thoughts off. By thoughts I mean the inner voice you hear that vocalizes your thoughts. I have read there is a trick to it, and it really heightens your awareness.

You do this by letting your mind go blank, and then focus on a object, and only that object. You observe that object intensely, letting nothing other than it's details into your mind. Say in the woods for instance, you focus on a tree or other object, intently gazing at it.

Not only will your mind gather in previously unnoticed details about that object, but your other senses are heightened too. Your hearing will be more acute, your sense of smell at times actually will get sharper, etc. But it only works as long as you hold your study of the object, if you start letting the thoughts flood back into your mind your ultra awareness will disappear....

Reminds me of meditation techniques, seriously the same thing.

Works too, but its not so good for sleeping.

Sex works for that so hard to improve on it.

As for OP, isnt that kind of like changing the color of a sound?

Sex helps everything. Well except when you get the girl pregnant. Then it makes things worse lol

Yeah a fan on in the summer does the trick too.

i use a fan in the winter too lol

Its impossible. You can scream in your head and it will be the same volume as a whisper.

I disagree entirely, sir...

For about the past 6 weeks I just haven't been able to get out of my head (assorted reasons)... Up for 2 days, sleeping 2 hours, nightmares, sweats, then up for 2 days again.... Usually awaking unable to do much other than wait to fall asleep again. Sometimes that takes 6 hours or so...

Last night, I put my spurs to some horses of mine... I slept like a baby for a solid 9 hours... No cold sweat, no nightmares, no thrashing around in bed....

post-33185-0-48973100-1387708479_thumb.jpg

That's a picture of 5 horsepower of amplifier. For me, that can change everything, including the volume of your thoughts. It certainly changed mine...

Last night I listened to Daft Punk - Giorgio By Moroder as loud as it would play... I could just feel the layers melt off of me... I've always loved the Industrial/Mechanical sound, but this sound just seems to hit me at the moment... I like the story at the beginning, I suppose.

Hey, maybe none of that resonates with you, but it worked for me... In fact, it's nearly 6am here, I've been up for about 20 hours now and I'm still not ready to sleep... I'm listening to that track right now, but on my shitty 5w Cambridge Soundworks PC speakers... Hardly a substitute...

Anyway, E... I'm going through a hard time right now myself. If you just want someone to bounce BS off of hit me with a PM and I'll give you a ring... I don't know you and you don't know me. Sounds like you could use an observer. Honestly, it would help me too... An outside opinion of shit would do me some good.

----------

(for clarity if anyone should want to research it... Sherbourn 5-200, Sherbourn 12-45, Crown XLS-2500, JBL L100T, JBL 240Ti, JBL L80T, JBL S-Center, JBL Control-1 x 5, JBL SRX-4419A...)

I self-medicate with beer and cigarettes (as I'm doing ATM).

Ass to mouth? Disgusting...

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

Don't worry, narcolepsy is one thing you can look forward to after 60. That and woodys at the wrong time. Kinda like being 15 again. If you have satellite service like Directv, I used to check out the signal meter strength. The older boxes had a shrill sound that on low volume used to almost knock me out after scanning the 32 transponders. The new ones have a blip tone that does the same thing. Just don't pass out and have your head land on the remote. The volume took off somehow and woke the roommate and was she pissed.