How are you mailing your forms

I'm getting ready to mail two Form 1's off after the holiday mail traffic, just curious about a few things.

1) How are you mailing your forms (standard,1st class, Priority w/ confirmation)?

2) Do you paper clip or staple your papers and fingerprint card together?

On the good side I got my print card and CLEO sign off done in less than 24hrs, bad side is that I've read the posts that ATF is pushing 9 month wait times....really, WTF do they check that takes 9 months.

I mailed off mine as fist class postage, I know when they get it when my check gets cashed. I paper-clip all the documents. on the check I write the model and serial number of the firearm in the memo line

as for the long wait. there is only a handful of examiners there, less them 10, and the backlog keeps pile up. since this trust route is going to be changed, a ton more people are bum rushing their trust in, so that is only cause a longer wait, 9 months is optimistic consider that

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Can you explain this process...preferably in detail, if you have the time.  I created a login but it never lets me log in after I created the account.

Thanks,

Gunny NR

Internet explorer will not support the site. Use Firefox or Chrome.The site goes down every day around 12:00 hrs for maintenence. E-forms can only be used for trusts or corps.

Edited by JAG

Can I get the link from you?

atfonline.gov. 

Then subheading: eForms, 4th item down.

atfonline.gov. 

Can I use this for both Form 1's and Form 4's?

atfonline.gov. 

atfonline.gov. 

Can I use this for both Form 1's and Form 4's?

Yes, but be advised that 5320.1 and 5320.4 are different e-forms. Scroll through the carousel to obtain the proper one.

I ending up sending the two form 1's Priority w/ delivery confirmation. We'll see where the date ends up. As a side note I thought the additional traffic had to do with the Trust route falling apart/recent problems with those who had used a trust rather than a sign off??

My dealer is not set up to do E-filing... DAMN-IT!

He should be. This was what e-forms was initially devised for. When you log on and draft your item, the first question is, "FFL or no". It's a matter of checking the appropriate box. Other than that there is really no "set up" to do e-forms. Obtain a trust and do it yourself. It appears 6-14 may be the cut off for CLEO signoff. Alot of people are using online trusts with no apparent issue. Might be worth it. E-forms all appear to be taking 90 days. Snail mail 12-14 months.

I've been in the game awhile so mine was originally drafted by an attorney.