Centerfire Systems free shipping on orders over $49 so I ordered 3 of these last week end:

TP-9005_zps16267666.jpg

I ordered one in OD Green, Desert Tan and Titanium

TP-9003_zps081c7857.jpg

TP-9001_zps055d1e77.jpg

TP-9002_zpsbc2e5b8e.jpg

All of this and a gun for $299, it seems like a great deal

TP-9006_zps68a28794.jpg

I have not read any bad reviews yet, everyone seems to love them

I should get my Tan one by Monday, but the OD and Titanium models are on back order sad.png

• Like 1

hmmmm......NO! Not something I would bet my life on so not something I'd be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for. If you look around most guns have good reviews, even the biggest shits. Those reviews arnt saying much. I want reviews from people who actually put the gun through its paces. One that did 3k rounds in a weekend shooting both wolf and premium ammo, or at least all wolf without cleaning, without oiling, and without it being a magazine writter. None of that crap where the company hand picks the gun they know will work. No, I want random people...like you. Untill then $299 + shipping (taking a guess) $20 + $40 transfer = $360 if not more. And for what? A external copy of a Walther? I can guy already proven guns here all day long at $300-$400.

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

I like it. Seems worth 299 if they work. But asking any gun to digestv3k roubds without cleaning is very unrealistic in my option. 3k is more than your average shooter will shoot in several years.

I know. Thats why I never trust your avg shooters opinion. Not that I dont trust it, its just irrelevant to me. Plenty of guns can digest a few thousad rounds without cleaning. But those are not new....Glcoks, HKs, Walthers...etc...etc.. A guy I know has close to 100k rounds through his Glock (bought in 88) and it has yet to be cleaned or fail to fire. My own Glcok has about 1000 without cleaning. It really isnt asking a lot. This is also why I dont buy these boutique.guns.

Here is what I think a trustworthy gun test should start out as. 500 rounds of whatever amm you like, another 200 of some crap and 100 of your premium carry ammo....whatever it is that you are gonna carry. If there is no gun related problems its a good start. I start carrying after it breaks a 1000 without a problem. (i do not count ammo or mag problems. Both can be descarded and replaced)

Edited by Arik

you realize 100k round of 9mm would cost close to 40,000 dollars right? I think that's way too much to ask. if these are your requirements youll be stuck with glocks and wheel guns. if i was so adamant about a gun needing to shoot  thousands upon thousands of round with no lube or cleaning i would stick to strictly revolvers.

• Like 1

Revolvers arnt that great. They get gunked up pretty quick too, quicker then most semi autos.Shoot a 50 rounds of anything but the cleanest ammo through a revolver and they start to not want to open the cylender or dump the brass.

Im not saying that every range session has to be 3k rounds. Im saying for me to trust it thats what it has to be. For instance, I just bought a 89 dated Sig226. Now, by all accounts the older Sigs were excellent guns but Im not carrying that one untill I know it can do at least my starting amount....500 fmj, 200 Wolf/Tulla and 200 SD ammo. If it can do that the next time I'll put another 1500 and if its all good then I know I can reasonably rely on it. If not then what the point of having guns just to have them? In that case I'd rather have the money I spent on all of them. If I cannot rely on it it is a gigantic waste of money because not only did I spend money on the gun but also mags, holsters, ammo....I do not beleive in having guns for the sake of having guns. That doesnt acomplish anything. If it doesnt work it gets sold.  

And yes Im pretty much stuck with Glocks ....and HKs and wheel guns. There are a few othres that I have that are just as good but thats it. There is nothing in my safe that is a toy or a "range gun". They are just a waste of money. 

Back to the OP....If you like them more power to ya! If they turn out to be the next Glock....great!

I think it's OK to buy a gun that's not "proven."  I have lots of guns I like and enjoy shooting, but would perhaps not trust my life with.  Not all guns need to be battlefield ready to enjoy.  If Boba said "this is my new concealed carry gun before I put it through it's paces" that would be a different story.  But he's just saying, "check out this good deal on what seems to be a good gun." 

Boba, please shoot the crap out of it and tell us what you think.

• Like 6

I picked up my Tan TP-9 today, but I had to work so I didn't get to shoot it.

However, my first impressions of this gun is that it seems to be worth every penny.

1. The fit is very tight and it racks like any other poly framed auto

2. The finish is way better then I expected for a $300 gun

3. The Gun Case is the Tardis of the gun case world, I don't know how they got so many accessories in such a small case.

4. The holster is comparable to a Serpa, the pistol practically falls into it but it has complete retention and it requires a very light push on the release to pull it.

5. The red cocked indicator is very easy to see

6. The sights glow in the dark

7. It field strips like a Glock but EASIER

8. The trigger is way better then I expected and the 2 stage system works better then the way I thought it worked

9. With a fully loaded magazine it is very well balance and it rides on my hip nicely.

10. The instruction manual is very comprehensive

That's just my first impressions. I hope it shoots it well

Here is what I think a trustworthy gun test should start out as. 500 rounds of whatever amm you like, another 200 of some crap and 100 of your premium carry ammo....whatever it is that you are gonna carry. If there is no gun related problems its a good start. I start carrying after it breaks a 1000 without a problem. (i do not count ammo or mag problems. Both can be descarded and replaced)

You send it, I'll shoot it

Do these take the same mags as PPQ/ PPS?

I don't know, but I doubt it.

• Like 5

So I actually got to play with one on Saturday. A LGS had one on display. I dont know how it shoots but I wouldnt waste my money on it. The polymer felt real cheap and thin, the trigger was just all moosh and the second strike was like a 15lbs pull. It felt good in hand, just like the Walther. I see P99 sell for $350 and used PPQs for $450....I'd get either one of those over this Turk copy

Reminds me of those no-name wanna-be-glock HS2000s that came from Croatia back around 2000.  Those things turned out to be total crap, right?

*note: that was sarcasm*

I've been fighting with myself about getting a SAR-K2 for about a year.  (Also a turkish pistol from a "no-name" company.)  Of all the things I should be spending my money on, another 45 pistol is hard to justify.  But I want it.  Damn.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

hmmmm......NO! Not something I would bet my life on so not something I'd be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for. If you look around most guns have good reviews, even the biggest shits. Those reviews arnt saying much. I want reviews from people who actually put the gun through its paces. One that did 3k rounds in a weekend shooting both wolf and premium ammo, or at least all wolf without cleaning, without oiling, and without it being a magazine writter. None of that crap where the company hand picks the gun they know will work. No, I want random people...like you. Untill then $299 + shipping (taking a guess) $20 + $40 transfer = $360 if not more. And for what? A external copy of a Walther? I can guy already proven guns here all day long at $300-$400.

I have a canik with 800 rounds through it....not a single malfunction of any kind running all sorts of ammo. GEAR SNOBS just cant help themselves can they.

Edited by 762x39pro
  • Like 2

I like hearing both sides of it. I admit to being a trigger snob and also being very interested in the Walther design. Most of the plastic guns have lousy triggers, but they smooth out with use or a little bit of careful polishing. Since Boba has 3, he is in a pretty good position to measure 3 and see how consistent they are from gun to gun. Also, how much they smooth out.

The thing I would like to know is where the trigger breaks and resets. I can live with a heavy trigger and all, but I sure hate a trigger that breaks in an awkward position. (Kahr- ruger PM9, LCP, taurus bobcat clone....)

I have a canik with 800 rounds through it....not a single malfunction of any kind running all sorts of ammo. GEAR SNOBS just cant help themselves can they.

GEAR SNOB? Just cause I want a proven reliable firearm? Ok!! Gear Snob it is then. I love these little "just as good as" guys. My Hesse AR/AK is just as good as....right! My Jennings is just as good as....It should be $199 cause everything else is just paying for the name.....OK!

• Like 1

My friend ran a 100 rounds of steel through his today with ZERO issues.

I have only received my Tan TP-9 and will shoot it this week.

My Titanium and OD TP-9s are on back order.

It's hard to compare this to other cheap 9s because it holds more rounds (17) and comes with more accessories

This is getting interesting. I can't wait to hear how it shoots: reliability, accuracy, recoil, etc. Boba could really be onto something here. Let's see: a friend says he will make me a super sexy, accurate, dependable 10MM 1911 long slide with tritium night sights for upwards of $1.2k ... or I could buy 4 Caniks? (Really one Canik and a Saiga 12!)

• Like 1

This is getting interesting. I can't wait to hear how it shoots: reliability, accuracy, recoil, etc. Boba could really be onto something here. Let's see: a friend says he will make me a super sexy, accurate, dependable 10MM 1911 long slide with tritium night sights for upwards of $1.2k ... or I could buy 4 Caniks? (Really one Canik and a Saiga 12!)

http://centerfiresystems.com/ac-ri1911taca11-10mm.aspx

I think this is silly.  This is a forum of gun aficionados.. we tend to have everything.. or at least a wide variety of firearms.  Not all are the 'best', nor are they the worst.  Some are ok, some are mediocre, some are better than others.  I've got old guns from the 1920s.. are they crap?  Well, no, they're good shooters still, but i wouldn't grab a mosin to CCW.  But neither would i take my LCR elk hunting.  I have 7- 12 gauge shotguns!!  What do i need 7 shotguns for?  Nothing.  I don't 'need' but one.  I could do everything with my O/U.. wing shoot, trap, HD.. but what's the fun in that?  So i also have some pumps, several autos, including a new vepr i'm picking up TODAY  (yay!) at my ffl.  So does this mean i have to get rid of my old A5, or my 3.5" magnum auto?  ..cold, dead fingers come to mind.

Anyway, i've seen those caniks, & am interested, like i'm always interested in good values in a firearm.  If it shoots well, is reliable, & a good price, what else is there?  Sure, i like a top of the line firearm, but i also like a beater you can just shoot.  If this is a good 'people's pistol', i'm all for it.. i might even get one.  I don't have to get rid of my glock, or the 1911s, or the wheel guns, do i?  At least here in america... for now.. we can own more than one.  Most of us firearm addicts have considerably more than one.

• Like 1

Compare the gun(s) not the cheap junk that they throw into the case.

No matter what I say you are going to dis this gun so I'm not going to waste any more time on you or your unsubstantiated criticisms  

Cool! Keep me up to date on it's performance!

I'm shooting mine on Thursday so I will post a range report.

• Like 1

Turk guns used to = crap. Now they don't. They spent some time and effort on these. I am kinda confused as to why they chose some designs that aren't the most popular, but whatevs. Shotgun news had a good write up explaining the area over there. Said labor was cheap but folks still had decet standard of living, do all or most of work in house so they don't have the Boeing "gee this wing doesn't fit this fuselage" problem of globalization. Mags are prob mecgar but that's a good choice.

And these guns aren't in the same class as jennings and Hesse. Just cause it doesn't say glock on the side doesn't make it a bad gun

Had a sar k2 for a buddy while back. Fun gun felt great but 45 ammo is expensive now no?