Had a sar k2 for a buddy while back. Fun gun felt great but 45 ammo is expensive now no?

More so than it used to be of course.  I reload so that helps.

But I just can't help myself.  I've been in love with the 45acp for over 40 years.  When I was 8 years old I wanted a 1911.  That government model was just the king of handguns.  

I bought a few 9s over the years but never loved any of them.  Had a 9mm XD.  Replaced it with a 45 XD.  Had a 9mm Kahr.  Replaced it with a 45 Kahr.  Even bought a 45acp revolver.  Still have 1 9mm but I got rid of the rest.

Never had a 40.  The only time I was ever even tempted to get one was when 9mm and 45acp were unavaiable during the panic.  But the feeling passed, and so did the panic.

• Like 1

Any update? This may spark your interest. It will skull fuck all the fancy ass tacticool 9mm pistols on the market. Im a 9 nut for just having fun. It's better than my Sig226, Cz75 and light years ahead of my Glock17rtf.

attachicon.gifGP6K100.jpg

$399.95 at J&G Sales

• Like 1

Compare the gun(s) not the cheap junk that they throw into the case.

Everything counts when value is the question. Obviously the accessories are only valuable if the gun itself is good. 

Plainly this is a few notches above a jennings or a hi-point. It's as big a mistake to dismiss the firearm before you have information as it is to assume it is as good as a proven firearm. It's pretty clear you've made up your mind prior to evidence. Every new entrant to the market gets trash talked until years after it is proven. 

Personally, I am not really interested much in that style of holster, but it's something. A few mags goes a long way though, as most M&P owners can mention. For me that would be a major factor in buying an obscure gun. 3 mags is a pretty good number for a pistol, and most cheapies only come with one. Who wants an automatic that might never have available replacements with only one mag. But a pistol with 3 mags of reasonable is pretty squared away for the forseeable future.

Any update? This may spark your interest. It will skull fuck all the fancy ass tacticool 9mm pistols on the market. Im a 9 nut for just having fun. It's better than my Sig226, Cz75 and light years ahead of my Glock17rtf.

attachicon.gifGP6K100.jpg

$399.95 at J&G Sales

Yep! Was called a GP6 a few years back and imported by STI for 700+!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to shot my Tan and Titanium TP-9s today.

I took a variety of ammo –FMJ Winchester, Federal, UMC, TulaMax Brass, Privi, Blazer Aluminum, Tula Steel and Winchester JHP

Both worked flawlessly and even cycled mixed mags of ammo

I shot the tan one first and had to adjust the rear sight a little bit

Then I shot the Titanium gun and it was fine straight from the factory

Here is my last target, it has at least 5 mags of 17 rounds through it at 7 yards

Target01-202014_zpsa923e030.jpg

• Like 2

Had a sar k2 for a buddy while back. Fun gun felt great but 45 ammo is expensive now no?

More so than it used to be of course.  I reload so that helps.

But I just can't help myself.  I've been in love with the 45acp for over 40 years.  When I was 8 years old I wanted a 1911.  That government model was just the king of handguns.  

I bought a few 9s over the years but never loved any of them.  Had a 9mm XD.  Replaced it with a 45 XD.  Had a 9mm Kahr.  Replaced it with a 45 Kahr.  Even bought a 45acp revolver.  Still have 1 9mm but I got rid of the rest.

Never had a 40.  The only time I was ever even tempted to get one was when 9mm and 45acp were unavaiable during the panic.  But the feeling passed, and so did the panic.

I was the same way Darth. My first was a S&W Sigma 40. It was a piece of crap and I knew the trigger sucked before I even knew what a trigger should feel like. I sold it and bought a Kimber 1911 in .45 Over the years I have gravitated to .45ACP on most of my handguns. I do have a Glock 19 that I do love to shoot, but I made several modifications before I fell in love with it.

I finally got to shot my Tan and Titanium TP-9s today.I took a variety of ammo –FMJ Winchester, Federal, UMC, TulaMax Brass, Privi, Blazer Aluminum, Tula Steel and Winchester JHPBoth worked flawlessly and even cycled mixed mags of ammoI shot the tan one first and had to adjust the rear sight a little bitThen I shot the Titanium gun and it was fine straight from the factoryHere is my last target, it has at least 5 mags of 17 rounds through it at 7 yardsTarget01-202014_zpsa923e030.jpg

I finally got to shot my Tan and Titanium TP-9s today.I took a variety of ammo –FMJ Winchester, Federal, UMC, TulaMax Brass, Privi, Blazer Aluminum, Tula Steel and Winchester JHPBoth worked flawlessly and even cycled mixed mags of ammoI shot the tan one first and had to adjust the rear sight a little bitThen I shot the Titanium gun and it was fine straight from the factoryHere is my last target, it has at least 5 mags of 17 rounds through it at 7 yardsTarget01-202014_zpsa923e030.jpg

Good to know Boba. I have been looking at these solely on the price point. I was just waiting for someone else to be the Guinea Pig. Actually a couple of interesting pistol options have come out of this thread. Thanks for posting. Keep us up to date if you see any issues with it. I may pick one up if the reliability proves good.

• 5 months later...

Hey Boba...  all else aside what color of the 3 do you like the best?  Also since your last posts any other reports you would like to share?

I originally wanted the titanium version and that's my favorite, although I am going to get 2 more in black. I'm picking one up this week.

I have put more time into them at the range and I shoot them better then my Glocks, XDSs and XDMs.

They just don't sit well on my hip, otherwise I would use as my EDC.

ok, not 'eyeing' it anymore... it's coming to an ffl near me.  I got it from buds, for $335 shipped.  Chrome, s-120, all steel, full sized, 2 17 rnd mags.  I'll give a mini review when i shoot it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to necro this one out of interest.  I was sitting on the fence for a long time and after fingering one and tearing it down I drank the cool aid and bought one this week-hope to get to the range by the weekend. If anyone else has made the purchase and has a decent round count please post your findings. Has anyone experienced any parts failures and if so, were there any issues with getting parts or repairs? Does the ISO 9000 standard they're big on stating really account for anything significant in a firearm? From all things I've seen in a sub $350 gun it looks great. If I find anything significant after shooting I'll post up.

I'm going to necro this one out of interest.  I was sitting on the fence for a long time and after fingering one and tearing it down I drank the cool aid and bought one this week-hope to get to the range by the weekend. If anyone else has made the purchase and has a decent round count please post your findings. Has anyone experienced any parts failures and if so, were there any issues with getting parts or repairs? Does the ISO 9000 standard they're big on stating really account for anything significant in a firearm? From all things I've seen in a sub $350 gun it looks great. If I find anything significant after shooting I'll post up.

I don't have any dogs in the hunt except the reference to ISO 9000. That is the most important certification Any manufacturer can obtain. It seperates them from anyone else. By obtaining this, and its not even close to easy, they have proven to multiple external audit teams that they do not only Talk the Talk, they Walk the Walk.  When a ISO manufacturer claims they use only certain products in manufacturing, and test to such and such a standard, well they really do. No one would risk loosing such a valuable certification by abusing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with people who say the decocker on it is a latent defect. It can be decocked with no obvious sign that happened. It's a feature on a DA/SA and a fatal flaw on an SA. You don't want to carry a gun that may or may not be ready to go.

• 3 months later...