Saiga 12-Tromix Monster chop and perm

Finally got it to the indoor range but they only allow slugs. It cycled 2 3/4 IN 1 1/8 oz 1410 FPS  Royal Star slugs on setting 4 of the DPH gas plug with the stock recoil spring. Still gotta get to the outdoor range to see if I can get it to cycle federal bulk pack.

I was happy with the recoil reduction while shooting slugs. I still need to test out 3 inch slugs as well as a variety of other ammo.

Edited by lewie212
  • 4 weeks later...

Not tryin to be overly critical, but a small correction is needed.  The monster brake was designed by Tromix, but it is sold through CSS. Don't forget that Greg is a business member here, plus a good guy to do business with.  Take a look at his forum add.  You will find a 10% discount code there.  Other than that, it is a good lookin build.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Range report. Variety of different magazines were used. 

-Royal Star 2 3/4 inch slugs, 1 1/8 oz, 1410 FPS-Cycled flawlessly on setting 4 of the Dph gas plug. Stock recoil spring. 

-Winchester 3 inch slugs, 1 oz, 1760 FPS-Cycled flawlessly on setting 1 of the Dph gas plug. Stock recoil spring. 

-Estate 2 3/4, 6 shot game and target load, 1 oz, 1290 FPS, 3 1/4 Dram Eq. Cycled approximately 90% (+/-) on setting 6 of the Dph gas plug. Stock recoil spring. 

From a glance, it looks like about 13.5" of actual barrel.

I am wondering if part of it not cycling 100% with the Estate is due to the additional weight on the carrier assembly. The vert handle and op rod add quite a bit, for a carrier.

Edited by evlblkwpnz