MKA 1919 23 Round MAG ! ! Also a feed lip cover

We have been testing for quite some time, decide it's time to offer it for sale. Should be available on our site sometime during the first week of Jan.

Yes it's LOOOONG, but 23 rounds without a reload comes in HANDY on certain stages

Here it is on my gun, still need to get the color a little better match

post-43678-0-44749300-1387663189_thumb.jpg

post-43678-0-06645400-1387664440_thumb.jpg

wouldn't it be easier, more convenient and less obstructive to convert a twenty round Saiga 12 drum?

Any drum would need a feed tower containing dummy rounds to function in the MKA1919. Having adapted a Suomi drum mag to run in a 9mm subgun (and shotshells feed way worse than 9mm) I can assure you that the T&N approach above is infinitely easier to implement. If you disagree, just try it for yourself.

A drum might be less obtrusive, but what's the point if it does not work.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Is there any one  Particular reason why no one is trying to or has come up with a 20 round Drum mag adapter? besides maybe a FEDERAL LAW? because it seems to me that  a 20  round mag is just that....A  20 ROUND MAG

See post #4 its all explained. They are not reliable drums for mag fed shotguns suck.   

wouldn't it be easier, more convenient and less obstructive to convert a twenty round Saiga 12 drum?

Any drum would need a feed tower containing dummy rounds to function in the MKA1919. Having adapted a Suomi drum mag to run in a 9mm subgun (and shotshells feed way worse than 9mm) I can assure you that the T&N approach above is infinitely easier to implement. If you disagree, just try it for yourself.

A drum might be less obtrusive, but what's the point if it does not work.

try telling that to this guy who put a feedtower on a MD ARMS drum to go a SAIGA 12,  that his doesn't work.

http://youtu.be/J94UVBS9EEw

• Like 2

Stealthyblagga

Why would you want to use (inverted) mags, if you clamped 2 together both would be shell up ? or am I missing something in your posting

I cant see the lip protector on the 20 round mag.

I like the Saiga drum video, someone must be able to make one, this looks like an English country scene here as well 034.gif

Edited by bofor

I've been running one of these from T&N for a couple months now and while they are definitely long they are great on high round count stages.

Mine has run 100% flawless since the day it was put together.   It did take some getting used to in a tight stage but the time saved with no mag changes was great.

The smaller feed lip cover is for when you are transporting your mags on your way to a match or between stages. I personally had a bad experience with a mag running flawless the night before. Got to the match the next day and it didn't run at all on the lower power shells. Threw it back it my bag got home and re-tuned it, ran flawless again. One of the feed lips got bumped at some point just enough to prevent the rds from feeding properly. Hard lesson learned.

Stealthyblagga

Why would you want to use (inverted) mags, if you clamped 2 together both would be shell up ? or am I missing something in your posting

I like the Saiga drum video, someone must be able to make one, this looks like an English country scene here as well 034.gif

Look at how this magazine is made - it is two 10-round magazines joined base-to-base (same idea pioneered for AR15 mags by California Competition Works). Thus, the feed lips of the bottom magazine would be exposed to damage if not for the cover.

For folks who already have a healthy supply of factory mags, the same outcome could be achieved with an upgrade kit comprising the base coupler and a replacement double-length spring. Indeed, any combination of factory mags could be coupled in this way; 10+10, 10+5 or 5+5.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

As always...this is not for everyone.  In my experience, if you don't competition shoot, then there is probably not a need for this.  With that said, I have a mix of 5,10,15,20 and 23 rounders I use in competition.  The mix is great for stages with bird, buck and slug and has proven to be a time saver on those type stages.  I am always glad to see more option for this platform....carry on.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE TOO !!

Stealthyblagga

Look at how this magazine is made - it is two 10-round magazines joined base-to-base (same idea pioneered for AR15 mags by California Competition Works). Thus, the feed lips of the bottom magazine would be exposed to damage if not for the cover.

For folks who already have a healthy supply of factory mags, the same outcome could be achieved with an upgrade kit comprising the base coupler and a replacement double-length spring. Indeed, any combination of factory mags could be coupled in this way; 10+10, 10+5 or 5+5.

StealthyBlagga

I have looked at the picture again and although its base to base there is no exposed feed lips or cover on the bottom.

The idea is not to reload, if you had to turn it up then it would be a reload and no advantage, obviously the bottom plates are removed to allow shells to follow through.

Merry Christmas to all in the USA & elsewhere. 030.gif

If the guy in the video started knocking them out for the MKA 1919 -- and they were reliable -- clearly, he'd have buyers.

I think the new T&N offering is pretty neat.  Yes, it's for competition, not for assaulting a compound like bin Laden's, but any mag change you don't have to make is ***a mag change you don't have to make.***

Interesting idea one poster had about a double-stack magazine; perhaps something like the 60- or 100-rounders from Surefire would be feasible.

I'm always glad to see these discussions because they generate more options for the MKA 1919.

(Sure liked the "drum" video.  Wow.)