Pricing $?

I would like some input on pricing for a Saiga 12 and what the going rate is so I don't get rooked!

I just put money down on a factory converted pistol grip Saiga imported by FIME of Las Vegas. 

It comes with one 5rd mag and one 12rd drum for $649.00

This was an impulse buy and want to make sure I am doing the right thing and not wasting money?

I pretty much completed my Saiga 7.62x39 conversion and got the bug to get one in 12g!

It is already converted with the forward FCG and grip from factory so it won't be as much fun converting but I guess I can focus on accessories this time around....

Any feedback on quality from FIME and expected used pricing would be appreciated!

post-48441-0-67858300-1387663729_thumb.jpg

Edited by islandwise

$649 is a great deal for a FIME shotgun.   It came into this country in its current configuration as opposed to other Saigas that have had the FCG moved forward.

A quick word of caution.  Don't put that drum into the shotgun until you check to see if the previous owner swapped out any parts with U.S. components.  The SGL12-07 is 100% Russian parts.   The 08 & 09 have only the the handguard as a U.S. part, so you will need to swap out the required number of parts to use any magazines that hold more than 5 rounds and stay 922r compliant.  

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaShotgunVerifyCompliance

(I'm not a lawyer or expert of any kind. I'm just passing along info as I understand it.)

Edited by SGL
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for the feedback....I thought it was a good deal based on gunbroker auction prices, which I know can be inflated, but  I went for it anyway since it was about the same price as my un-converted 7.62 and figured it had to be a deal in the long run!

And yes, I will check for 922r compliance....thanks for the heads up.....Saiga 12's are a new venture for me and I know I need to brush up on the inner workings and parts compliance vs. 7.62's! I am not shy now with one conversion under my belt, so if I need to do some compliance swapping work, that will be no big deal!

After all once you have one Saiga....you CANTA stop buying more, lmao!! big_smile.gif

Happy Holidays fellow members and enthusiasts!

• Like 1

Yeah, I am not a big fan of the 'mad max' front rail myself....a little overkill if you ask me but I guess from what I have read this is the LE version and that is why the dressed it up like that!?

I just wonder if it is removable? I have other furniture (2 types of intrafuse hand guards and 1 galil style and an adjustable AR Tapco buttstock) from my 7.62 build that I would like to try out on it? Not sure how interchangable they are but I will hold off selling them until I see if I have a need for them I suppose! 

CANTA Wait!

Thanks for the info HPD....still not sure if I am going to keep it or not?

Might just utilize it and throw a bunch of other Mad Max accessories and make this Saiga a bad mutha trucker!?

I already got my purist/traditional Saiga 7.62 built, so now I think I will have some mad scientist fun with this one *cue the evil laugh*! super_man.gif

Edited by islandwise