This is what I'm shooting....

Arsenal’s Exclusive Milled And Forged Receiver
Each SAM7R receiver is milled from a hot-die hammer forged receiver blank by the Arsenal Co. of Bulgaria. Other milled-receiver AKs are machined from bar stock, but Arsenal’s hot-die hammer forging produces stronger and finer-grained steel. Internal voids and cooling deformations are eliminated by the 5-ton hammer forging process.

• Cold hammer-forged 16.3” barrel from Arsenal’s Bulgarian factory, built on Steyr manufacturing technology
  • Hard-chrome plated bore and chamber
  • Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own a milled SAM7 and purchased one when they were first released. I would suggest one.

Arsenal

Im really liking mine. I dont have any optics yet, but it reminds me of a Vepr in how it shoots. Its well balanced for its weight and the stock locks up great. Im in the process of swapping out the lo

Posted Images

Arsenal has some excellent milled rifles. Its the only milled AK I would want next to a type 2. smile.png

But I still prefer stamped AK's. Im just as proficient with my SGL31, as I am with my Vepr rifles the milled guns I ran in the past. More or less boils down to preference IMO.

Edited by Captain Hero

I played with the SAM7SF. Very nice gun and my LGS had one for just under a grand.

I wouldnt trust Century to build a camp fire, let alone a rifle. Remember they dont build they OUTSOURCE to ?????????? Someone !!!!!!!!!!! I learned my leasons. I will not gamble with my money. Like I said in another post here, most reviews are completely irrelevant. People dump a mag worth of ammo and proclaim the rifle to be a greatsuccess and good to go.  I would rather save my money and get something of KNOWN quality and KNOWN manufacturer

• Like 1

Nothing yet, still mulling over what I have learned.

Got a lot of new questions now thanks to you folks, those have to be answered first.

Still have not found anything negative on the CAI C-39 other than the rep they got on those stamped POS from a bit ago.

Their customer service is suspect but then so is the Saiga distributor's.

The other milled AKs are just flat way over priced.

Keep reading up.....If you like it, go for it.

If something is a little more cash, but much better quality.....save alittle more.

The process that the milled Bulgarians use are much better than most (from everything I have read)

Keep in mind, for the average shooter (most of those, including me, on this site), the internals (springs, trigger, maybe barrel, etc) are what are going to break\wear down from tons of use........the receiver stamped or milled would be the last of my concern

Good Luck

• Like 1

Yeah I am looking into the details of production but those are a bit hard to find.

So I really cant say in the milled type that one is in fact better given how loose the specs are on any AK.

If I am to be logical, and I do try very hard to be so, nothing beats a Russian AK anyway. It is a tool not an art work.

If prices were not so inflated logic dictates I should just get another x39 and 308 Saiga. I may do so yet.

If if if ... scorn.gif

Again I do appreciate the information.

I played with the SAM7SF. Very nice gun and my LGS had one for just under a grand.

Mine did too. I actually liked it so much, I brought it home. But it came with a steeper price. I hope it shoots as good or better than my Veprs to help me justify the price.

post-32793-0-92347300-1388787843_thumb.jpg

post-32793-0-37025800-1388787878_thumb.jpg

The stock locks up solid as hell, but I really like the sling mount and the ability to operate it while the stock is folded, without removing optics.

• Like 1

Mine did too. I actually liked it so much, I brought it home. But it came with a steeper price. I hope it shoots as good or better than my Veprs to help me justify the price.

attachicon.gifWP_20140103_004.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_20140103_001.jpg

The stock locks up solid as hell, but I really like the sling mount and the ability to operate it while the stock is folded, without removing optics.

You will be impressed with its accuracy and lack of muzzle rise....good choice

I wanted to purchase that one also, but I didnt have the cash back during the introductory price.....wasnt willing to pay the current.....

• Like 1

You will be impressed with its accuracy and lack of muzzle rise....good choice

I wanted to purchase that one also, but I didnt have the cash back during the introductory price.....wasnt willing to pay the current.....

Yeah I sold a prized piece to acquire it, but I didnt shoot it anymore. The current price is very steep. I almost didnt get it, but the more I played with it, the more I wanted it. lol.

Im going to have to get a Vepr in the same caliber to do a fair comparison.

Yep thats the one. I ended up not buying it. I dont have the money to buy every deal that comes along, wish i did.

• Like 1

I too am picking up a Centurioun 39 sporter in the next few weeks.  Came across one a couple weeks ago for $710 out the door with two mags. I paid about the same money for a Yugo underfolder a couple of months ago and the price is about $100 more than they are asking for WASR around here so figured the price was fair enough by today's standards. Fit and finish looked good, will pick it up in a couple of weeks and shoot it.

Nothing would excite me more than a full stainless AK (which is just about as silly as anything), but I'd still buy one! So I know where you're coming from in just wanting what you want.

Not silly at all. Lot's of people who work and live around boats have to make do with mini 14s and mini 30s for just this reason. If someone made a decent SS AK for up to $1k, I'd be putting one on pre-order for my dad at this second.

Nothing would excite me more than a full stainless AK (which is just about as silly as anything), but I'd still buy one! So I know where you're coming from in just wanting what you want.

Not silly at all. Lot's of people who work and live around boats have to make do with mini 14s and mini 30s for just this reason. If someone made a decent SS AK for up to $1k, I'd be putting one on pre-order for my dad at this second.

I've looked into it before - it would be impractically expensive to produce. Working with stainless, parts that are normally cast then machined would probably have to machined from larger pieces, with more waste and more machine time. I bet anyone who is stamping sheet metal AK flats could produce stainless flats for a premium, on request. Shielding the welds when you spot weld the rails in could be problematic.

Your best bet would be to get an AK hard chromed, then paint over the chrome.

People have said much the same with nickel and moly-resin before. 

Of course, the one I'd really want shoots 12 ga. I'd take it in milled or stamped or whatever, so long as it wouldn't crack at the welds. SS is kinda known for that.

People have said much the same with nickel and moly-resin before. 

Of course, the one I'd really want shoots 12 ga. I'd take it in milled or stamped or whatever, so long as it wouldn't crack at the welds. SS is kinda known for that.

Shitty welds crack - good welds, even in stainless steel, shouldn't crack. Stainless steel has to be shielded from oxygen when it's welded, or it loses its corrosion resistant properties. For spot-welding the rails in, I'd probably just blast the whole area with argon. A hard-chromed Saiga-12 would probably be fairly resistant to corrosion. Maybe you could chat with the company that 3D printed a 1911, see if they'll make you an S-12 out of stainless steel, titanium and inconel.

I'd take it. My experience with chromed gun parts on a boat haven't been good. One scratch sucks electrolytic moisture under the chrome via capillary action, then galvanic corrosion yields blistering chrome cancer. SS, some aluminum, and plastic is good. everything else turns orange or worse.

I'd take an AK milled from cast SS though- that would be worth the extra weight. While they are at it, they could do a heavy barrel profile fluted to make that sucker more rigid. Or here's a crazy thought- Thread the front trunion, so that barrels can be changed out without a press. Obviously not a new idea.

I wouldnt trust Century to build a camp fire, let alone a rifle. Remember they dont build they OUTSOURCE to ?????????? Someone !!!!!!!!!!! I learned my leasons. I will not gamble with my money. Like I said in another post here, most reviews are completely irrelevant. People dump a mag worth of ammo and proclaim the rifle to be a greatsuccess and good to go.  I would rather save my money and get something of KNOWN quality and KNOWN manufacturer

Ever flown in a Boeing, driven a chevy, ford, toyota... Everyone making anything in quantity outsources.  

Maybe buying an older century is a gamble, but I haven't seen any upset customers of theirs since the newer management. I'm no expert, and someone who is is welcome to set me straight, but I notice that people talk about "post 2008 century" about the way others talk about "pre- '64 winchester."  Something tells me that if you got a solid looking milled AK for $550 and didn't like it, you could sell it for $500 the next day or $650 the next year.