• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like its about a 2011-2012, boy, Caucasian. Commonly known as a kid.

Obamacare patients?

I was thinking spaghetti on the way out..... 

Posted Images

Door number 3.

So let's use guessing game ideas with a clear provable answer from now on. The "speculating game" isn't as fun.

Sorry... I just wanted to share that clip with folks... thought it would make for interesting conversation... 032.gif

"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO.

Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."

It's a Turner's cube.  Explanation to come...

The Turner's Cube is a fascinating object. In the old days, novice machinist's were handed one and told to work out how to make one of their own. It was considered a good test to give a budding machinist to see whether they could first understand how to go about making one and second to see whether they could operate the machinery to the level of precision needed to produce a nice cube.

It isn't just machinists who love Turner's Cubes. After seeing my first example, my wife immediately appropriated it for display in the kitchen. She later asked me to make her a small one for a pendant. Color me surprised as most of her input on my machine so far had been to hold down the costs and quit dragging chips into the house!

Example...

post-35052-0-11859300-1393125819_thumb.jpg

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 1

Glad to see this re-start. This has been the most fun thread lately. I finally found my album with some photos that I know google doesn't have that should be interesting. So if Chile chooses something not related to fishies you catch with a pole, maybe I'll get a chance to post them.

Oops. Looks like HPD has the floor.

Will do.

Where is/was this? Why is it an impressive sight? for reference, there are lots of these there and the "M" is about 40' high. The perspective makes it look much smaller.

post-17871-0-46768600-1393819010_thumb.jpg