k-var 104ur krink twist rate questions

I was ready to pull the trigger on one of the new krinks kvar is offering when I saw in several online posts that the twist rate was 1in8 the same as a 16" barrel.

I have read that cutting down a 16" for a krink build can lead to accuracy issue and keyholing because a krink needs a 1in6 twist rate to stabilize the 5.45 round.

Would one of the experts on this board give a go or no-go on this issue for the sir 104ur. I would like to pick one up but if it is going to be a dog as an sbr I don't want one.

Thanks in advance for any input or info shared,

Bart

Edited by 70ss396

For me its not worth the risk to cut. I have a E. German 16 in barrel and a Krink kit that I'd like to build but Im not willing to ruin a real and an expansive barrel for a 50/50 shot having it work. So what happens if I cut the barrel and it keyholes? There is no more warranty and you just ruined a good barrel and will have to replace it. All this on a $1200 grifle? No thanks

• Like 1

Well it looks like my question has been answered in the kvar forum. It looks like these are a no-go for sbr with the factory barrel. Once you do the math on an expensive correct barrel and the fees a smith will charge these are not quite the bargain they appear to be.

I already have a beautiful Bulgarian-made kit kink so spending over 2grand on another one after its all said and done isn't that appealing.