SVD Dragunov stock on S-12?

Yes but you'd have to fabricate the retainers or get the originals from overseas.  There is also a barrel "ring" that would need to be installed if you are going after original parts.  I can post pics later if you need a visual.  As for parts, I believe the handguard is a standard SVD/Tiger modified for the S-12.  I'm assuming both retainers are specific to the S-12 but I can't confirm.

I'd email ray at SaigaTechUSA and see if he has any retainers or possibly make you some.

A few hours ago I just bought the last in stock  factory SVD/Tiger handguard with Picatinny rails for my

EXP 040-05.  I can't wait to install.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

shifty, I am going to help you out on a SVD stock for the SAIGA, there is no need to modify a PSL or the very, very expensive real SVD stock. there is a US made SAIGA SVD stock already on the market, but I doubt anybody knows about it. so,  check your PM. and have a MERRY X-MAS smile.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

shifty, I am going to help you out on a SVD stock for the SAIGA, there is no need to modify a PSL or the very, very expensive real SVD stock. there is a US made SAIGA SVD stock already on the market, but I doubt anybody knows about it. so,  check your PM. and have a MERRY X-MAS smile.png

Oh come on man, you can't post something like that and then leave the rest of us hanging. 

• Like 1

Oh come on man, you can't post something like that and then leave the rest of us hanging. 

non-link directions, is;

go to weaponeer.net

click on link that says "Weaponeer Products" left side of page,  about half way down, "Saiga US Made Mahogany SVD Style Stock"

Thanks. think i may have to pony up the cash and do that. ill post the same question i PMd you. would that stock work with a converted pistol griped saiga or would the stock be too long then??

Thanks all High plains if i had a need for the rest i would. that set looks awesome!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hate to bring up an old thread, but it's been slow on the site the past few days and I'm bored.

It's been several years now since I first heard about Tromix thinking about rifled S12 barrels and ever since then all I've been able to think about is an SVD clone. Scope, flash hider, bayonet and everything else. Totally impractical but it would be fun as shit to build.

• Like 1

I've been able to think about is an SVD clone. Scope, flash hider, bayonet and everything else. Totally impractical but it would be fun as shit to build.

I don't know about "fun", but it would take a lot money and machinery, not to mention you would need detailed plans for every single  part from the receiver all the way to the FH.  there is no rifle out there that even comes close to a SVD where you can  take parts off that or modify parts.

• Like 2

Hate to bring up an old thread, but it's been slow on the site the past few days and I'm bored.

It's been several years now since I first heard about Tromix thinking about rifled S12 barrels and ever since then all I've been able to think about is an SVD clone. Scope, flash hider, bayonet and everything else. Totally impractical but it would be fun as shit to build.

Last I heard Tony will not be pursuing a rifled barrel for the S-12. He had a company produce a batch but he wasn't happy with the results. Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been able to think about is an SVD clone. Scope, flash hider, bayonet and everything else. Totally impractical but it would be fun as shit to build.

I don't know about "fun", but it would take a lot money and machinery, not to mention you would need detailed plans for every single  part from the receiver all the way to the FH.  there is no rifle out there that even comes close to a SVD where you can  take parts off that or modify parts.

very true i own and ndm 86 in 54r (chinese dragunov) and a saiga 12. you are talking alot of custom made parts.

• 1 year later...

Well lets bring it back again id really love an SVD PSL style stock still and keep my pistol grip if i can the AK butt stock i have is way to short my face is way to close to the scope *Damn short commies* 

Sorry for the necro thread there really is not a WOOD S-12 SVD style stock. i still need to mill out the hand guards to fit or just pony up and buy them 

yeah thats how i feel.

its been a few since ive been on here. have a few extra bucks now a days and i really would love an SVD stock on my S-12 

still cant find to many of them.

Cant really even find SVD/PSL wood stocks either. was going to get one and just see what i might have to do.