One thing I got was the worst meal of my life.
Wife wanted to take a road trip for Christmas, stopped at the only place open in a little town for lunch, told the wife I’d be happy to drive on and look for a Waffle House.
She said no let’s try this new place, love the wife but sometimes she’s just plain wrong.
Other cars there so figured might be good food, wrong.
Got the waitresses recommended “chicken and dumplings”, kind of.
Bowel Bowl came out with something orange (that right orange chicken and dumplings) in it, that should have stopped me right there.
Damn it was something luke warm with chicken, pasta, boiled eggs, and an orange sauce of unknown origin. The ice tea hadn’t quite soured but was about 10 minutes from it.
The cold dinner roll was the high light of the meal.
So when I left I did something good and something evil at the same time. I didn’t bitch or complain and I left a great big tip.
The good part was not bitching and a more than generous tip.
The evil part was not bitching and leaving a big tip so they’ll keep serving that crap.
Told the wife next year we’re staying home and doing steaks.

Edited by the 4th Doctor

I had a very enjoyable holiday. I didn't get a lot and I'm ok with that. Some socks that don't fit, a sweater I will never wear, the usual stocking stuffers (deodorant, toothbrush, shampoo...), a box of clay pigeons, an AR15 bolt scraper that I forgot asked the wife for, and a custom Dan Denn handmade knife and sheath from one of my sons. The scales were made from a piece of the same blank that my AR15 stock was made from. smile.png

That is a nice knife (really nice)

I got the flu on xmas day. Gave it to the wife and kids today. Im so glad sick people wash their hands and limit contact with the healthy population. Only a selfish fuck stain would get others sick so they can get their money's worth out of xmas acation.

WTF is wrong with people? Did they not have parents?

I got the flu on xmas day. Gave it to the wife and kids today. Im so glad sick people wash their hands and limit contact with the healthy population. Only a selfish fuck stain would get others sick so they can get their money's worth out of xmas acation.

ahem....

what.gif

• Like 5

UTG 4.0 red/green dot and an inexpensive AK side mount.

Baofeng UV5R Radio (thanks to you guys). A Roku for our bedroom and a Bear Grills Firestarter from my daughter (bless her heart).

And a future daughter-in-law. My son proposed to his girlfriend.

They have been dating for two years but, she still has many years of college left. She wants to be a Pediatrician (sp?).

Lots of underwear and thermals too. smile.png

Still working on programming mine after two years! LOL Haven't had a lot of time to fool with though.

LAID  super_man.gif

you asked...big_smile.gif

Was her name "Rosie" 000.gif

Are ya just a little bit excited? :)

Mama got me a new lambskin vest and a Cinch 4x hat, plus the goodies to dress up the VZ58. I got myself the parts to build a slidefire stock for the x39 Saiga

• Like 1

One thing I got was the worst meal of my life.

Wife wanted to take a road trip for Christmas, stopped at the only place open in a little town for lunch, told the wife I’d be happy to drive on and look for a Waffle House.

She said no let’s try this new place, love the wife but sometimes she’s just plain wrong.

Other cars there so figured might be good food, wrong.

Got the waitresses recommended “chicken and dumplings”, kind of.

Bowel came out with something orange (that right orange chicken and dumplings) in it, that should have stopped me right there.

Damn it was something luke warm with chicken, pasta, boiled eggs, and an orange sauce of unknown origin. The ice tea hadn’t quite soured but was about 10 minutes from it.

The cold dinner roll was the high light of the meal.

So when I left I did something good and something evil at the same time. I didn’t bitch or complain and I left a great big tip.

The good part was not bitching and a more than generous tip.

The evil part was not bitching and leaving a big tip so they’ll keep serving that crap.

Told the wife next year we’re staying home and doing steaks.

Enough about your turds.  How was the food?haha.gif

ahem....

what.gif

I thought the same thing.  Stryker, are you seriously blaming someone else for you catching the flu?

• Like 1

Wife got me a case of Golden Tiger(due in after New Years) and about 1800 rounds of Yugo M67 from a coworker who dumped his SKS during the panic and knew I had an AK.  Kids got gift cards(16 and 21, so let them blow it themselves).  Wife got an auto-start setup on her rig for those cold mornings.  I get the rest of my Christmas/birthday after spring when I go shopping for a "new" truck.

Edited by Lone Eagle
  • Like 1