Chest rig for Saiga 12 magazines

I bought this SOE .308 caliber spilt front chest rig for my AR10 and come to find out it did a decent job of holding my 8 round Saiga magazines. Also in the picture

is a hydration carrier for 100 OZ of water and a sub load bag with a bunch of loose shells (holds 80 shells, enough to reload all 5 magazines I carry twice). Check it out!

post-48729-0-11192200-1388027794_thumb.jpg

post-48729-0-22885100-1388029688_thumb.jpg

Edited by JamesLeeF3
  • Like 2

Just watched a video on the HSGI Taco rig, I like it. Does anyone have any pictures of it holding the 8 round Saiga magazines?

This is an Izzy 8, and a Molot 5

post-32793-0-09795500-1388102501_thumb.jpg

This is an SGM 12rd.

post-32793-0-09390200-1388102544_thumb.jpg

The 12rd. is too large for the pouch and I wouldnt suggest using these pouches for anything holding more than 8 rds. Not that it wouldnt work, but it wont retain it very well for obvious reasons.

Looks good, is there a bungee cord retention option or a way to rig it up?

It is bungee retention. Its pretty stout shit too. They also offer replacement bungee's. They use the malice clip method for attaching to equipment.

The BCS one was the tidiest I had seen in a while. Now the SOE rig above is a close call.

Anyone have both to compare?

Also, I've been looking for something like the pouch full of loose shells to wear at the range as a dump bag. It needs to be able to hold S12 mags while I run around and whatever other mags I drop in. I might actually want two. One for mags, and another for brass. I'm sure the tactical people will laugh. But it seems like half the time when I go downrange to change targets I will find brass or something like that that I want to keep and end up with more than fits in my hands. A dump pouch would be great for that.

Nice set up. I've recently begun running a Condor chest rig with 2 modified double mag, flapped pouches(the triple pouches). A 12rnd shell pouch for specialty rounds and a dump pouch to catch empty mags. I'm set up to run 108rnds in mags and drum plus the 12.

I can also run my RPK with 3 steel mags per pouch for upwards of 6-700 rounds.

Here's a pic with the S12 loadout.

post-15573-0-48804000-1388209752_thumb.jpg