How much interest in a US made (922r) mag base plate?

I did the math. I need to swap in one more US made part for my folder to be legal.

I pitched the product to a short run shop and and got a quote of $15ea, in black, shipped. This post is made solely to guage the consumer interest for an initial run.

No frills. Just a plain-jane mag baseplate to fit the Molot magwell-style mags. Anyways, it is a simple to install 922r compliance part that for the life of me I can't find for sale anywhere.

I plan to keep the factory handguards, grip, rear stock, AND use Molot mags. Unfortunately, that puts my count at 11 even with my US made GK-01 muzzle brake. Maybe for those of you that have the quad rail handguards or a US grip, this could give you the option to use a genuine GK-01, or whatever.

I'm not looking at selling these. I just presented the idea to a fabricator to save myself the time and trouble of making them myself and maybe help some others out.

PS: I think these could possibly fit the 030 Saiga if made with a larger retainer hole.

Edited by Thor's Hammer

I would buy some if they were 5 a piece max.  I'd make my own with a dremel before I payed 15

agreed, I dont need any, but if they are the same as my izzy mags and could be made from a flat sheet of any material, be it plastic, steel, aluminum, polycarbonate. 

on softer material, you could probably drill the hole in it and have a router with a guide plate that bolts down and knock out cool polycarb ones in less then a minute a peice, material would probably be less then a dollar a peice, to make simple math, sell 60 of them for $10 each, thats $50 an hour, I guess that is about right tho, lol. 

but 50 an hour with a home made guide and a router table sounds like good money.... maybe I need to start selling US made baseplates out of polycarb?

I guess for me I just think of CTD (I know there are hard feelings towards them!) but they have 5rd pro mags for 15 each or 10 rd for 20 each,

Mod them for mag well an have extra mags, keep them factory ones for later, or in your case swap followers and have two mags for price of one

I've been waiting to chime in again until I follow up but I will be contacting a fellow local member who makes aluminum base plates for Izzy rock-n-locks and sells them for $6.  My idea is to get together and see if they work for police mags.  If so, it might be promising that they'll also work in molot mags.  This is all speculation but I'll post back if and when he returns my pm. 

post-35052-0-81643400-1388201084_thumb.jpg