OPAP double feed issues

Bought my son a Yugo OPAP from Cheaper than dirt a few months ago

Received it with a nice split in the handguard....oh well....under $600

Noticed the rear sight block was tilted somewhat to the left....oh well.....under $600

Took it to the range today:

I loaded 10 rounds into a mag and function tested for him.....no problem

Let him shoot five rounds....just to get a feel for the light kick....no problem

Decided he was ready to shoot:

Pulled the trigger and round fired......then nothing, so I take the rifle and pull back the carrier and eject a unspent round.

He must be limp shouldering it?

OK son, try again, but hold it into your shoulder tighter.

Pulled the trigger and round fired......then nothing, so I take the rifle and pull back the carrier and eject a unspent round.

So, I try it.....same thing that just happened to him.....over and over and over.....

Whats wrong?

I did notice after I got home and tore it down that the spring on the safety side of the trigger was slide way to the inside.....away from the direction of the receiver wall.

I just slid it over to the correct position now and hand cycled a dozen rounds through.....

Guess I will hit the range tomorrow and focus on that area.

With the spring in the position I describe....would that cause the trigger not to reset, but have a round in the chamber ready to go?

I guess the outrage most people felt for the disgusting levels of price gouging CTD did in the wake of newtown has worn off. Me I will never buy from them becuase of it.

Cant you return it to Century (for warranty repair) I beleive they are the ones who built them?

http://www.centuryarms.com/DriveEngine/%7B652551866%7DPolicy%20for%20Customer%20Return%202012.pdf

http://www.centuryarms.com/helpdesk.html

10 round polymer and a metal 40

I think the spring walking off center on the trigger may have been it

Cant get to the range for a few more days.

I put the spring back into proper place and hand cycles several loads.

I put the spring back into the improper spot that it traveled to and I got a jam......

Hopes its that simple

I hate CTD myself, but for $560 shipped.....I'm ashamed to say I did it.....

I guess the outrage most people felt for the disgusting levels of price gouging CTD did in the wake of newtown has worn off. Me I will never buy from them becuase of it.

Cant you return it to Century (for warranty repair) I beleive they are the ones who built them?

http://www.centuryarms.com/DriveEngine/%7B652551866%7DPolicy%20for%20Customer%20Return%202012.pdf

http://www.centuryarms.com/helpdesk.html

Thanks....I'll use this if I need to.....

• 2 months later...

Well finally made it back to the range.

The hammer spring is indeed walking off the trigger after a few shots. A fresh unfired round is loaded into the barrel, but the trigger doesnt reset, therefore....no boom.

I slide the spring back onto the trigger and it fires a few rounds.....

The trigger itself is nice, so is there an easy fix or should I replace some components?

You should be able to just bend the hammer spring with pliers so that it fits correctly over the legs of the trigger.

Keep in mind that a bend may mean a twist to the end of the wire where it makes the right angle going over the legs to get the right tension.

Edited by SGL

You should be able to just bend the hammer spring with pliers so that it fits correctly over the legs of the trigger.

Keep in mind that a bend may mean a twist to the end of the wire where it makes the right angle going over the legs to get the right tension.

Thanks, I am going to try that

The wire looks shorter than normal though