broken mag!

Do you keep your magazines loaded to full capacity all of the time?

Most of the time I do

Contact AGP, they should hook you up.

Will do. I have several of these mags and this is the first one thats broke.

I would like to have some of those. But the wallet ain't big enough at the moment. Lol plus I'm waiting for some steal ones.

Maybe you should only keep 8 rounds in them for extended periods.

Hopefully csspecs will get their steel mags on the shelves soon!

I will start doing that. Because I like to keep most of my mags loaded

I don't think that storing the 8 rounds vs 10 would have made any difference.  Those early AGP mags just had a bad batch of springs, and that problem has been fixed.

• Like 1

Yeah keep it loaded to full capacity. It will not hurt the mag any. Springs only get wore out from being used, and not compressed or in a non compressed state. Having loaded mags will not hurt the springs. Bad steel will.

• Like 2

Yeah keep it loaded to full capacity. It will not hurt the mag any. Springs only get wore out from being used, and not compressed or in a non compressed state. Having loaded mags will not hurt the springs. Bad steel will.

You know I have read this a 100 times but my real life experience has proven it to be false. Mostly dealing with pistol mags in particular Glock mags. Leaving them fully loaded and only cycling them out when officers qualified the mags springs would stop locking the slide back at around 6 months to a  year. Downloaded by 1 round and the issue went away no longer had to replace springs. Another issue with leaving polimer mags loaded is feed lips can spread from the constant pressure.

pat

• 4 weeks later...

Received a new spring today from agp. Their customer service was excellent and they shipped the spring out the same day. I didnt contact them until this past Thursday. Got crazy busy at work, plus school, and just hadn't gotten around to it.

• Like 1

You know I have read this a 100 times but my real life experience has proven it to be false. Mostly dealing with pistol mags in particular Glock mags. Leaving them fully loaded and only cycling them out when officers qualified the mags springs would stop locking the slide back at around 6 months to a  year. Downloaded by 1 round and the issue went away no longer had to replace springs. Another issue with leaving polimer mags loaded is feed lips can spread from the constant pressure.

pat

Funny you bring up Glocks. I have my .45 mags loaded at all times and my carry mags only get shot twice a year when I rotate ammo out. Ive yet to experience this issue that you speak of. Same for my girls 9mm Glock.

• 2 weeks later...

pat

Funny you bring up Glocks. I have my .45 mags loaded at all times and my carry mags only get shot twice a year when I rotate ammo out. Ive yet to experience this issue that you speak of. Same for my girls 9mm Glock.

My experience comes from training other officers with Glocks and carrying my own.  Be glad you have not experienced this but I have numerious times to the point I now put it in policy to down load our mags by 1 round with Glocks to prolong spring life. Problems went away. The Glock 21 mags were some of the worst. I hated being forced to carry that gun. I now carry a 17 in 9mm by choice. But to each his own.

pat

pat

You changed two variables: duration and degree of compression. Duration has been repeatedly proven to be irrelevant, compression has always proven to be critical, in all the engineering stuff. So why is it that your conclusion applies to both variables?