Great pieces.  Really dig the bench.  There are many artist/craftpersons that do art from tools.  The whole muffler art genre is cool too. 

Some wrenches don't die.  The one in pic just happened to be in my home office ready to do some plumbing while I'm on break.  Received it when I was a kid after my Grandfather died.  Look at the anniversary date of when it was new.

old1_zps9b7058e9.jpg

It has helped me put together cars, houses and many sculptures.  I can't break it even if I tried (and I've broke many over the years).  Good old fashion metal.

• Like 3

When I browse through the thrift stores I always come across "grandpa's old tools" an cheap foreign stuff. The build quality is always night and day.

I'll bet other countries make great stuff but, it's just not exported.

I read a story about the California Public Schools selling their Vocational Program tools and equipment to China. The story didn't say that they were obsolete or that they were being replaced.

This is the state of our country.

Tools ARE artwork.

Edited by Sim_Player

when my buddy and I go to garage sales that is what I look for. old hand tool made in the 60s-70 that was made here in the USA. even though they are old and beat up a bit, they are billion times more quality then the crap coming out china

Same here! My family has a friend that does estate sales. I habe got some great deals on old stuff like this. This crap they make today is a joke. Been hoping to come across a gun smith type so I could score some of those types of tools!

Edited by TIMTIMTIM

Great pieces.  Really dig the bench.  There are many artist/craftpersons that do art from tools.  The whole muffler art genre is cool too. 

Some wrenches don't die.  The one in pic just happened to be in my home office ready to do some plumbing while I'm on break.  Received it when I was a kid after my Grandfather died.  Look at the anniversary date of when it was new.

old1_zps9b7058e9.jpg

It has helped me put together cars, houses and many sculptures.  I can't break it even if I tried (and I've broke many over the years).  Good old fashion metal.

I've got a few old faithful tools that I inherited from my grandfather.  I will surely be able to pass them down to my boys.  Not that that will mean a hill of shit as the cars these days are retarded to work on.  This and my boys don't seem to have the interest in mechanical stuff that I did at their age.

That is a lot of old wrenches. WOW.

I was too busy looking at the pics to see if they'd mentioned where he sourced all those wrenches.  Dude has tens of thousands of wrenches which is more than a few yard sales.

• Like 2