saiga "m" removable buttstock sidefolder trunnion?

I inquired about this setup.  Apparently the hinge mechanism is left intact and the stock hinge has been modified.  From my understanding you could theoretically swap that stock out for a 100 series folder with ease.

Edited:  Keep in mind it has no front latch.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

have you guys seen these saiga "M" with removable buttstock they look like they have sidefolder trunnions whats everyone think?

http://legionusainc.com/izsl-132m.html

My question is can this model Saiga be readily converted to the standard, fixed-stock version (when putting the firearm back into 'original AK configuration?

Old SF

have you guys seen these saiga "M" with removable buttstock they look like they have sidefolder trunnions whats everyone think?

http://legionusainc.com/izsl-132m.html

My question is can this model Saiga be readily converted to the standard, fixed-stock version (when putting the firearm back into 'original AK configuration?

Old SF

No, essentially you would have to swap out the trunnion leaving you with holes in both sides of the receiver.  Are you asking because you don't want a folder?  If this is what you are thinking you could leave in the existing 100 series trunnion and modify a 100 series poly stock in the same way the existing sporter stock is modified allowing it to be removed in the same fashion.  With the 100 series trunnion you are pigeonholed to using a 100 series stock; poly, triangle, svds... 

To tag the saiga m thread:

Just got mine from legion (sucks they don't say legion on them)

It's kinda irritating that the stock isn't removable!!!

Mine also didn't come with the bag they said it would! Email is sent, anyone have any warranty issues? What do I do to make it removable? The little tack welds on the other side from the button?

Will this create any warranty issues? Why are they welded? Why don't THEY remove the welds? IMHO this is false advertising and kinda irritating.

Waiting to hear back from them, it's legally transferred to me now.

They shipped me my bag, they said they would have a gunsmith pull the washer but I found that it came of super easy! Kept the email so that as long as that isn't the problem they can still fix the issue. Truth be told the 5.56 needs some serious tuning, these things are way over gassed. But I have a fix that will fix the issue without modifying the gun at all. Could do the wolf spring, hear that helps. I'm going to make a gas port adjuster that will fit inside the gas block but be fully adjustable and removable.

HPD:

I've never messed around with anything other than the straight-forward 'Saiga-back-to-AK47 conversion. Where is the best place to source an AK100-series stock?

I've searched around with the usual suspects and can only find an AKS-74 "triangle" folding stock.  That would be at rusmilitary.com.  When you're searching for a stock you would need to find one that fits the 5.5mm hinge pin.  The Belgians fit their stocks with a 4.5mm pin.  They look the same so i can get confusing.  I'd also search WTS adds as it's going to be difficult to find the poly folder.  Another vendor to troll would be russiansurplus.net.  Alex will at times get limited quantities but it does happen.  I just picked up an SVDS folder last month from him. 

I'm in the same situation as you.  Personally I'm looking for the complete folding mechanism.  Parts have been scarce for over a year now.  You may want to consider getting the triangle stock I mentioned above and trading it out for a poly folder when one becomes available. 

Drifter, thanks for the reply. Sadly, you pretty much confirmed my fears: That the variety on accessory components available out there for this particular model is pretty limited. Given this model's longer, heavier barrel, my goal for this rifle is/was to build a DMR/SPR-esque rifle on an AK platform. Obviously, a metal frame type stock wouldn't really fill the bill. So, I guess it might be back to square one! Maybe look at the 20" .223 VEPR.

Again, thanks for the assist.

Old SF

I think this is awesome. So it's a ak100 folder. Why is that. Not a good thing? Buy a reg Saiga if you want a non folder no?!

No doubt! If I were looking to build a light, very compact carbine, AND this setup came in a 16" configuration AND if there were a nice assortment of accessory parts out there, I'd be doing the Snoopy Dance! But, such is not the case at this moment. So, back to looking. (And isn't that a big part of the enjoyment of Saigas?)

Of course, as always, YMMV!

Old SF