I was watching an interview with a gun owner this weekend when the reporter asked "why do you need an AR15? What are you afraid of?". I found the question an effort to demean the man on the part of the reporter. So I sat there and thought...why don't reporters ask gun grabbers the same question? What are they afraid of? Statistically speaking, they have a better chance of being eaten by a shark than getting shot by a rifle with the evil features that scare them. I really want to see a national movement asking the grabbers and the grabbing politicians that question. What are they afraid of? Why do they fear the millions of law abiding gun owners in this country?

• Like 1

Logic doesn't enter the picture with gun haters and grabbers.  They don't trust anyone but themselves and even that is in question.  They think if there is one gun out there that surely evil will be done with it.  I have found that many gun haters have no personal experience with any gun and that they are generally fearful of them.  I have a sister in law that just pulls a face and shakes her head back and forth even at the mention of guns.  Her father was the same way about them.  Of course neither ever held or used one.

Everytime there is an incident broadcast on the national news it just reinforces their stereotype without considering the millions of guns and owners that are owned and used lawfully.  Trying to change their thinking is a pretty tall order.

Why do they fear the millions of law abiding gun owners in this country?

Because we are all that stands in the way of them fundamentally making We the People total slaves.  They are not stupid, and realize many of us would do what the Founders did if they tried a full-bore Bolshevik takeover.  So, they've taken the incremental step.  Brainwash the young, villainize the vets, call the gun owners kooks.  Want to see an anti go full retard?  Ask this:  "You say I shouldn't judge the entire Muslim community because of a few nutcases.  Don't you think 80+ million gun owners deserve the same respect?"  Don a Tyvec suit, because the bullshit will fly.

• Like 4

Everything has to be about emotion to these people.

How about: I grew up shooting guns, going hunting and fishing with my dad. It was just something I've always done, and fear never factored into it. I'm sorry that you grew up in a city, and had no chance to enjoy such special experiences with your father. Maybe if you had, you would understand, and you could actually participate in a logical discussion on this issue. Unfortunately, you can't, and because you don't understand this part of American culture, it is in fact you who must be afraid.

P.S. beyond all else, guns are just plain awesome and are great fun for any red-blooded male. What does that say about you that you deny yourself the experience based on a stance of total ignorance?

• Like 4