NEED FOR CONVERSION?

These guns were manufactured as battle weapons, but imported to us as "sporting guns". You can leave it as a general hunting tool, or convert it into the battle weapon that it was intended to be.....just my .02  000.gif

Balance, handling, and trigger pull is immensely better. With a converted Saiga, even the most diehard AR fan boy will be impressed. Take this piece of advice from someone who hesitated doing his first conversion, and have done 18-20 since.

Edited by Jet
  • Like 2

Technically, you dont have to perform the pistol grip conversion to make the weapon accept standard AK mags, but it will make it much easier to make the weapon compliant with bullshit regs.

Other thank what has already been posted, I cant think of anything else other than preference as to a reason for conversions. I do have one that I havent done, and likely wont just for the fact of having one that hasnt been converted.

Other thank what has already been posted, I cant think of anything else other than preference as to a reason for conversions. I do have one that I havent done, and likely wont just for the fact of having one that hasnt been converted.

I have one too, and will sell it one day for shitload of money money.gif

• Like 2

The biggest reason(for me), was the greatly improved trigger! At first I was against the conversion.....that was until I shot a converted one at the range that another shooter let me shoot!

All I can say is wow, what an improvement!

If you do not want to convert, I recommend you NEVER shoot a converted Saiga, if you do you will no longer be happy with your sporter stock trigger!

• Like 1

I have one too, and will sell it one day for shitload of money money.gif

ME TOO!!!!!

I guess having only ever having shot the one I own, unconverted, I didn't realize what I'm missing. Time to watch conversion vid's on Youtube.

Don't know what state you're in, make sure you check your state laws!

Like others have said, the handling and trigger are exponentially better post-conversion, and it does to an extent improve the reliability of the weapon as there are fewer parts to fail. That being said, it looks so much better converted. I find that unconverted Saigas look borderline offensive anymore.

For parts...Carolina shooters supply. Impeccable vendor! Research the parts you want to use, before buying, there's good, there's mediocre and there's buying twice.

The conversion is easy to do and a good way to learn the platform.

There's a few of us on here not far from you. Welcome.  

If you like rails CSS has Chaos rails on sale right now for $97.  If you like folders, Bonesteel is on sale for $119.  Use the promo code "CSS" to get 5% off.

I just ordered a Tapco G2 FCG, CSS trigger guard ($17 one), CSS (I think) ergonomic pistol grip, pistol grip nut, PG bolt, hole plugs, bullet guide (check your trunion for round or square), and a Phoenix butt stock.  Don't make fun of my butt stock fuckers.  I have one on an ak and really like the length of pull for my long ass monkey arms.  I didn't order a forend as I'mma do something very different in that department.  Ak snobs are going to hate it.

Don't be afraid of the conversion.  When you get done, you'll be blown away at how easy it was.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...