Well, finished my DIY slidefire tonight and let the neighborhood know it!!!

Will post video tomorrow!!

Ok, says "ERROR YOU AREN'T PERMITTED TO UPLOAD THIS KIND OF FILE." So sorry guys! Put it on YouTube last night, as soon as it's available, will post link.

Once again, sorry.

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 5

Sorry guys, I cannot upload this kind of video. Don't know if it's too big or what.
I put it up on my YouTube channel , it should be available there soon.

Let's see if this works

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6PCYpxtNL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Copy and paste that if it doesn't automatically go to it.

Edited by unclejake

Thanks SGL, had too many things going on today to make things easy! LOL

Yes, that was a shit eatin grin on my face. Simple to make, especially when a friend has a machine shop. One doesn't need a Bridgeport but they are nice to have when one wants to mill parts. :)

Already have people wanting me to build them one but I just do not have the time. I figure that they can do as the rest of us and roll your own...the Saiga Forum way. ;)

Great job Jake!  

I know this may seem crazy after all you went through to post a vidhaha.gif

But do you have any pics of this setup you can post?

LOL, as soon as I finished putting up the videos, I thought to myself, "ya know, I should have took some pics because SOMEbody will ask! LOL

Will take apart and post some pics when I can, hopefully this weekend sometime.

• Like 2

A LOT can happen in just a couple of days!

There has been a LOT of interest in the design that I have come up with, so I may be trying a small production run in the near future. My background in engineering and QC may pay off, don't know. Need to do some more research, but I believe that it will hold up to the Saiga 12 as well. That will be my homework this weekend. WIll post more videos if I can soon, but as far as detailed pics, I'm gonna have to hold off on that for now. :)

I need to get my old computer hard drive up and working.. I have a bunch of videos of my bumpfire stock from back in 08' and 09'.. Its fun stuff but in the end was far too expensive to use.

You are not kidding about that! BUT it's cheaper than laying out $10,000+ on a full auto THEN blowing through 1,000 rounds in an afternoon. LOL

It is a stone cold rush! LOL

Unclejake, you look too much like my father-in-law for me to make silly comments about the video. I think he would have as much fun as you have had. I will await the pics of the setup, looks like a lot of fun. As CSSpecs  said though, may be a bit pricey of a setup for me. beer.gif

I need to get my old computer hard drive up and working.. I have a bunch of videos of my bumpfire stock from back in 08' and 09'.. Its fun stuff but in the end was far too expensive to use.

You were the one who convinced me not to put the finishing touches on the batch I mostly made. What changed?

Also, I need to send a letter to BATF for some CYA so I can feel comfortable doing the last "21%" or so.

Anyone got a 9mm stamped AK for sale?

Nothing changed.

I  am actually surprised to see them still being made and sold.. One of these days I'm sure that will change.

At this point the videos are old enough that I'm not worried about someone chasing me down.. They date between 06' and 08'

They are clearly old, in the videos I'm thin and have thick hair on my head.. Now I'm thick and have thin hair on my head.

It was fun, but I had one in my pile of gun stuff for almost five years without using it... Something about dumping $20 in a mater of seconds just lost its appeal.

I think of it as a thing to bring out for bachelor parties and the like. It would be fun to have one on a 9mm carbine, and breifly on an S12 with a drum just for the sake of it.

I put it on the S12 and ran several stick mags fine. For what ever reason, the drum didn't want too run. But it was a hoot with the sticks, just QUICK!! :)

It does lose appeal when you realize how much ammo you run through.

As for doing video, thatmore for friends that can't be there and want to see.

Edited by unclejake