Sign in to follow this  
Conscript

CASE brand knives

I've never heard of them before. My grandfather send me a box of brass, reloading stuff, random cleaning supplies, !PRIMERS!, and an old fixed blade hunting knife. It says CASE just above the hilt, looks like it's about 60-70 y/o. Has anyone ever seen this company?

Absolutely! I love Case knives. I have a few folders and my hunting knife is a Case. Last I heard they were still produced in Bradford PA. Why not share a photo of it?

Edited by tsc91

Iirc, Case used to be the standard for EDC knives, esp pen knives or the little pocket folders. My Dad still carries one and my first pocket knife was a Case.

Thank you for the info guys. Here is a picture as requested. If anyone has one similar I'd like to know what model and year-range it might be!

Oszjtyn.jpg

• Like 1

Case knives are great. My hunting folder is a case its a 6265...bought it at the local hardware store where I grew up in WV 20 years ago. Cleaned stalls for the better part of a year to save up the 75 bucks for it, I was 15 at the time. Used it to field dress and butcher 3 deer this year. IMO they take an edge better then any other knive I have. I have a couple of their pocket knives as well. Check out their website wrcase.com. You may be able to contact them and get some info on yours. Is there a number on the blade above the handle? Very cool knife!

I had one my dad got somewhere. It had the same stacked leather /aluminum bolster as yours, and a blade similar to the classic Kabar. I promptly broke the point throwing it. Stupid 12 year olds.

Modern day as near as I can tell the company exists to make canoe knives that are intended for collecting more than using.

• Like 1

One of the guys I go deer hunting with has an old Case just like that. He bought it new back in the early 60's, and has used it every year since. I believe they are carbon steel, and hold a great edge!

Thank you for the info guys. Here is a picture as requested. If anyone has one similar I'd like to know what model and year-range it might be!

Oszjtyn.jpg

that knife has been sharpened a few times huh? 

Oszjtyn.jpg

that knife has been sharpened a few times huh? 

Yep, in fact I learn how to use a whetstone from him. It's older than I am thats for sure.

need to see the stamp on the pommel end as welll as the base (tang) of the blade.

thats a good piece of steel, thats for sure.....