10 replies to this topic

#1 Conscript

Conscript

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

I've never heard of them before. My grandfather send me a box of brass, reloading stuff, random cleaning supplies, !PRIMERS!, and an old fixed blade hunting knife. It says CASE just above the hilt, looks like it's about 60-70 y/o. Has anyone ever seen this company?

#2 tsc91

tsc91

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Absolutely! I love Case knives. I have a few folders and my hunting knife is a Case. Last I heard they were still produced in Bradford PA. Why not share a photo of it?

Edited by tsc91, 02 January 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#3 superA

superA

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Good stuff.

#4 BpS12

BpS12

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Iirc, Case used to be the standard for EDC knives, esp pen knives or the little pocket folders. My Dad still carries one and my first pocket knife was a Case.
"Faith is OF the Individual, Religion is FOR the Community. Unfortunately, Religion OFTEN tramples over Faith."
"Ignorance is simply not knowing. Stupidity is knowing and choosing not to act accordingly."
"Look back ONLY to learn, NEVER to regret."
"From his weapons away, No one should ever stir one step upon the field. For no one knows, when need might have, of a sudden, a man of his weapon." Odin from the Havamal

#5 Conscript

Conscript

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Thank you for the info guys. Here is a picture as requested. If anyone has one similar I'd like to know what model and year-range it might be!

Oszjtyn.jpg

• tsc91 likes this

#6 sccritterkiller

sccritterkiller

Serial Critter Killer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

Case knives are great. My hunting folder is a case its a 6265...bought it at the local hardware store where I grew up in WV 20 years ago. Cleaned stalls for the better part of a year to save up the 75 bucks for it, I was 15 at the time. Used it to field dress and butcher 3 deer this year. IMO they take an edge better then any other knive I have. I have a couple of their pocket knives as well. Check out their website wrcase.com. You may be able to contact them and get some info on yours. Is there a number on the blade above the handle? Very cool knife!
My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my hunting and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.

#7 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

I had one my dad got somewhere. It had the same stacked leather /aluminum bolster as yours, and a blade similar to the classic Kabar. I promptly broke the point throwing it. Stupid 12 year olds.

Modern day as near as I can tell the company exists to make canoe knives that are intended for collecting more than using.

• BpS12 likes this

#8 7.62m43

7.62m43

Someone who thinks way too much about things he shouldn't

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

One of the guys I go deer hunting with has an old Case just like that. He bought it new back in the early 60's, and has used it every year since. I believe they are carbon steel, and hold a great edge!

There’s always free cheese in the mousetrap...

#9 Mullet Man

Mullet Man

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Thank you for the info guys. Here is a picture as requested. If anyone has one similar I'd like to know what model and year-range it might be!

Oszjtyn.jpg

that knife has been sharpened a few times huh? 

Are you a resident of Illinois? Join www.Illinoiscarry.com

Items for sale...http://forum.saiga-1...-vepr12-and-ak/

#10 Conscript

Conscript

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Oszjtyn.jpg

that knife has been sharpened a few times huh? 

Yep, in fact I learn how to use a whetstone from him. It's older than I am thats for sure.

#11 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,844 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

need to see the stamp on the pommel end as welll as the base (tang) of the blade.

thats a good piece of steel, thats for sure.....

Rockin the Saiga world since 2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users