Planning more mods, looking for some advice

I have been working on a Saiga .223 since, well, I bought it three years ago. I have a vision for it, but it's a little expensive, so I don't want to have to do any redos.  It's a .223 16" bbl with the dimple above the magwell, so I think that means the barrel is .591.  I have already done the trigger conversion, and put some cheap Tapco junk on it.  As you imagine, it looks just like most of the basic build out there. 

Now I am departing from common sense a little, because my end goal is accuracy.  I am willing to let the rifle be a little heavy (not SVD heavy, but a little heavier than stock), but I want it to be functional as a battle rifle.  I have a magpul buttstock with raised cheekrest, TWS Kalashnikov handguard and TWS dog leg cover in the mail.  Whenever you talk accuracy of an AK-47, everyone has the same pat answer. "AK parts have greater tolerances, thus less precision...etc.). I think I'm gonna call partial bullshit on this, because my rifle, when in a bench rest, shoots 2" MOA groups with 62 grain wolf ammo.  When it's in my hands with the SOPD mount, from the prone, that changes to about 6" groups.  So my guess the indian is probably more to blame than the arrow.  It's almost impossible to get a good cheek weld with an ak, the bb gun stock sights are a joke, and the SOPD mount puts the scope a bajillion miles away from the firing axis (not to make excuses).  Anyway, I want to build my rifle with the shooter in mind. 

So I am really interested in installing two items before I put the handguard and dust cover on.  I'd like to put on a Bolton gas block/front sight, and a TAKD bastard (now made by Canis something-or-other).  So the big question is do I need a gunsmith to install either of these?  Do I need special tools?  For the gas block, does the barrel need to be removed before installing it?  For the TAKD, is it made of aluminum, steel, or polymer?  A gunsmith that works on Saigas is a little hard to find here in the Northwest.  If I need one does anyone know of a good smithy here in WA.

On another note, I have some stuff lying around that someone might want, if your saiga is still in the tapco junk phase of its life.  Just drop me a line.

Oh and whoever it was on here that told me a Saiga is cheaper to own than an AR-15, I think my wife would like to have a word with you.