My "Different" x39

I really wish they would make a saiga specific version of that handguard with a heatshield incorporated. John with that foreign pg arent u a part shy of 922?

Not if his muzzy attachment is US made.

Very nice Big John.

Mullet Man, look at the last picture.  You will see a button head bolt that screws right into the OEM stock attachment hole connected to the barrel.  If he uses an industrial adhesive to attach something like a home made grip tang to the inside of the grip, he can lightly press fit it to the receiver for a snug fit, just like an ordinary AK lower foregrip.

• Like 1

So how is it attached?

I'm really liking their MOE fixed stock and wish they would make it for an AK trunnion.

So how is it attached?

I'm really liking their MOE fixed stock and wish they would make it for an AK trunnion.

I used a AK furniture handguard clamp that clamps to the barrell.  I then ground a piece of flat stock that bolts to the reciever and slides tightly into the hand guard.

I would like it if the leading and trailing edges were trimmed flush

That's the Magpul look and I did not want to change that.

I really wish they would make a saiga specific version of that handguard with a heatshield incorporated. John with that foreign pg arent u a part shy of 922?

• Ergonomically designed with finger swell & backstrap 

• Surfacing enhances grip & minimizes slippage when wet 

• Beaver tail for better control, higher & firmer hold 

• Made from reinforced plastic composite 

Made in the USA 

Counts as 1 Compliance part.

Thanks for all the props.  There are so many here that convert theirs to look like typical AK's that I didn't know how well it would be recieved.  I'm glad you guys like it.  Took it to my LGS and got a lot of compliments on it.

Thanks to Fitty% for giving me the idea.  

Edited by Big John!

Mullet Man, look at the last picture.  You will see a button head bolt that screws right into the OEM stock attachment hole connected to the barrel.  If he uses an industrial adhesive to attach something like a home made grip tang to the inside of the grip, he can lightly press fit it to the receiver for a snug fit, just like an ordinary AK lower foregrip.

Huh?

Thanks to Fitty% for giving me the idea.

No problem bud. I wasn't the first. I got my idea from someone on this forum but I am the first to make a video on how do it. I like the way it looks on the rifle as well. Great job Big John.

• Like 3

So how is it attached?

CSS and I'm sure others have plenty of options for mounting AR buttstocks/buffer tubes to AK's.

CSS and I'm sure others have plenty of options for mounting AR buttstocks/buffer tubes to AK's.

Yeah but the way it mounts, means cutting off the tang, which I don't care to do. That's a whole mess to install a fixed stock.

I just like the way it looks. I bet it would sell if it were $50 and AK specific.

Yeah but the way it mounts, means cutting off the tang, which I don't care to do. That's a whole mess to install a fixed stock.

I just like the way it looks. I bet it would sell if it were $50 and AK specific.

There are some out there that dont require the tang to be cut.

Texas AK Designs has one under $50 and is AK specific.

There are some out there that dont require the tang to be cut.

Rifle Dynamics makes an awesome AR buffer tube adapter (Jim Fuller is a Business Member here).

No tang cutting: http://rifledynamics.com/products/ak-to-m-4-stock-adapter-by-rifle-dynamics

Other way is to buy a buffer tube-shaped machined aluminum 2-pc adapter assembly, which is attached to AK receiver adapter block.

It connects to the tang with machine head screws.

CSS sells it; same looking (clone or OEM) pops up once in a while on the net.

CSS: http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/category_s/1870.htm

Sorry guys, cleanliness is why I said AK specific and when I said AK specific, I meant bolts in clean like an AK butt stock. Like if magpul made their fixed stock specifically for an AK receiver. IE, doesn't require all the extra AR junk (adapters) hanging off the back end.

Edited by Mullet Man

Pretty!  I do like the fusion of Magpul and AK.  A fixed stock would be great. 

No fixed stock for this monkey armed dude.  I need/like a long lenght of pull.  The stock that's on there now is already a function over form thing.  Not what I really wanted, but I just scraped up enough cash to get this thing running and knew this butt stock would work for me.  

Yeah I'm still trying to find the right balance between finance, visual appeal and functionality...I really like Magpul's collapsible stock for the AK.  It's good for my arm length where some fixed stocks cause me to reach too much.  I feel like a folding stock would give your cheek a beating after enough drills, so while they look cool I'd have to try one of those for a minute before committing to it. 

Maybe I could just hip-fire with no stock like a badass.  Because, you know, that's obviously the most effective way to use it.  ^_^

Very nice!  I like it.  I sent a picture of the one i have on my S12 to magpul with a "hint, hint, nudge, nudge"  Maybe they'll eventually follow suit.  I also had a magpul MOE grip plastic welded to an ACE grip adapter that I sent them a picture of.  I don't think they made the AK MOE grip because of me, but it's nice to know we're on the same thinking plane....

Very nice!  I like it.  I sent a picture of the one i have on my S12 to magpul with a "hint, hint, nudge, nudge"  Maybe they'll eventually follow suit.  I also had a magpul MOE grip plastic welded to an ACE grip adapter that I sent them a picture of.  I don't think they made the AK MOE grip because of me, but it's nice to know we're on the same thinking plane....

I love magpul's stuff.

• 2 months later...

Here's the stock adapter I used: http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-ak-tube.htm  I like it. I don't know why anyone would want to go back to a fixed stock after using an adjustable one. The adjustable stock allows me to have the correct eye relief for my scope which my fixed stock did not. Since this photo was taken I added a .5" riser on the stock for a better cheek weld.

Saiga-MagpulMOE1.jpg

Could you show how you attached the Handguard.

Next time I pull it apart I will.  It's truly easy though.  Just gut the forend till it fits the gun except for the part where you slide the steel plate in.  Cut a plate to fit inside the forend and drill a hole in a spot that will fit it right to stock hole in the receiver then bolt the plate in.  Then get a clamp on furniture mount from CSS for the front mount.  To install, slide the plate in the forend, then bolt the front through the bottom of the forend.    I did it all with a dremel with this side cutting type bit (looks like a drill bit) and a drill.  Seriously, if you go look at the forend at your LGS, you will understand this completely.