copper fouling from BG

Hi all,

My Saiga x39 has had a rough beginning. I had the CSS bullet guide put in backwards by some wanabe "AK smith". So we had to modify it by shaving it down and sanding.

Today, ive had no FTE or jams. I looked inside the area of the BG and also noticed copper around the chamber, including small splinters around the shoulder of the chamber.

I looked down the barrel and can see fouling in the rifling. Question is does that damage the barrel and can i fix it? Ammo is 762 tula.

2qu6f5z.jpg

Second pic you can see impact marks

25iugxh.jpg

Edited by EMT760

I dont think it has lacquer coating. Its the black tula steel amo from wallmart

You are right, I think GT is the only commercial stuff that uses lacquer anymore. I think your stuff has a polymer coating, which will get all over.

Are you sure its copper? It shouldn't damage anything, if it is. Hard chrome lining in the barrel is HARD!!!

I can't tell from your pics, where you are seeing impact marks? Take a black sharpie and color all of it, what gets removed will show your wear points.

Edited by Mullet Man

Get a pic up of a loaded mag in the receiver and the BC out of the way. It sounds as if the BG may be scraping the jacket as they're being fed into the chamber, or they may be making contact with the case neck. If that is the case, then Id turn that thing around, or at least take it out and try to polish it some to smooth it out. Does the guide feel rough to touch on the portion that makes contact with the rounds?