Went out and shot 100 rounds today with no failures. My 5 rounders always shot at 100% but my 10 rounders would

always shoot at about 90%. Took the advice on mag tuning from a video by Jim at firebird and now I'm at 100% with

the 10 rounders as well. It doesn't take much to get these guns running smooth but they are VERY mag dependent.

You have to have your mags dialed in for this gun to function at 100%. On another note, since adding the GL Shock

stock, muzzle brake and many T&N Metal parts, this gun is a dream to shoot. Recoil has ben reduced by 80% from 

the stock configuration. This gun now feels like a light tap on the shoulder compared to the Mule kicking shoulder dislocating

stock gun I started out with. Many thanks to T&N and Firebird for all the great products and advice on how to make this

gun the best damn 12 gauge shotgun on the planet.032.gif

post-46572-0-76411900-1389128604_thumb.jpg

post-46572-0-44847000-1389128618_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Looks great. I just got mine today.

I have lots of parts on order, first packages should be arriving tomorrow.

Do you feel that the recoil is better mostly due to your shock absorbing stock? I like low felt recoil:)

P.S. Not trying to be an a$$ or anything, but do you know your rear sight is backwards?

P.S. Not trying to be an a$$ or anything, but do you know your rear sight is backwards?

I have been told that before but my question is does it really matter that much or make that big of a difference which way the sights are facing?

I can't tell the difference myself, is there something I'm missing??

Do you feel that the recoil is better mostly due to your shock absorbing stock? I like low felt recoil:)

that and all the extra weight from steel parts vs. the plastic crap that comes stock on it.

A lot of people don't like the extra weight but that is what helps soak up the recoil.

and I'm pretty strong so the extra weight doesn't bother me, I actually like the added weight,

it fells like a real gun now and not like some plastic light weight toy.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

The only difference I can see is that the adjustments will be backwards.....no big deal if you like it that way.

I don't mind the extra weight either.

I will see how mine goes. First thing I did today was cut the stock to install a Tromix folding stock adaptor....just like yours. I cut it at 0.850" so I have enough meat to mate it up well with the plate....should have that tomorrow.

Again.....nice job on your shotty.

my first cut was also around .850 but the Tromix folding adapter would not seat correctly at that depth for me.

so I went down to .600 as per directions included with the adapter but then the hole was too high so I had

to do a little fileing on the backside of the adapter and shave a bit off of the bolt sides to get it to seat correctly.

It was definitely a learning curve but I got it to work and have had no problems after 500 rounds through it.

I figure if it breaks then Ill just get the Firebird aluminum lower ( which I want anyways) and be done with it.032.gif

post-46572-0-10182100-1389154441.jpg

post-46572-0-87608800-1389154874_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

That is funny, my thoughts exactly.

I traded my Saiga 12 (fully converted) sight unseen for an "as new" condition MKA 1919.....plus a bundle of cash on his end. Before I even got a chance to see it, i had a FB lower and lower parts kit in my shopping cart........A light bulb came on and I told myself..."Better at least give the polymer lower a chance before I spend another hard earned $500+. So that will be my back up plan.

I have the exact same folding mechanism. I will be running a Magpul CTR with the Limbsaver Pad made for the stock.

My goal is to get everything finished up nice and square in all directions on the stock adaptor surface.

I have a little mill, but I don't have a real great way to secure it, I have a $hitty vise for my mill. I may just do it by hand with some good files. I do have a little bit of skill and a little bit of a "Good eye"....we will see.

the only thing is, I don't know if they make an adapter for the firebird lower that will accept the ACE folding mechanism.

So some fabrication may have to be done to get it too work. I love my side folder and don't want to part with that feature.

Ace makes an AR15 receiver block that is basically a threaded plug with threaded holes to bolt the folding mechanism to.....you are covered!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/896550/ace-modular-receiver-block-sig-556-ar-15-dedicated-22-long-rifle-conversions-aluminum-matte?cm_vc=wishList

Edited by JWH223

that and all the extra weight from steel parts vs. the plastic crap that comes stock on it.

A lot of people don't like the extra weight but that is what helps soak up the recoil.

and I'm pretty strong so the extra weight doesn't bother me, I actually like the added weight,

it fells like a real gun now and not like some plastic light weight toy.

The gun looks great and has many of the mods I am looking at. Do you know what it weighs? 

Edited by Atomic Punk
  • 2 weeks later...

How is the recoil stock?  Does it work well?

Works great, I think it helps the most. The combination of the GL-Shock, Trulock brake and added weight all help keep this shotgun very recoil friendly.

Compared to the stock configuration it is a dream to shoot now. When I first shot the stock version it used to bruise my shoulder pretty good, now it barely bumps

me back.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Yes, my stock gun beats me to death and that's with a ported choke.  I am looking to cut and put a new stock on it but haven't decided what would work best.  I was orginally thinking of a ACE stock with a limbsaver pad.   Your review of the GL stock with a commercial tube might be the answer for me.