I'm working on a folder for my saiga using the left over Vepr 12 laminate stocks. Refinishing is almost competed (attempting a plum rit dye).  Now for the meat and potatoes- I need a sling swivel for this stock, but k-var and similar sites rarely list dimensions for the rear sling swivel bases.  The Vepr stock is milled out for a 1/2" wide base x 1 7/16" base. Does anyone know which country of origin produces a base in those dimensions?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Information with links would be even better.

Thanks in advance and a quick preview.

Edit: A quick addition; my Romanian Swivel base came up  a bit short.

post-18050-0-94139000-1389145586_thumb.jpg

Edited by Salmonking

My guess would be that since it came off a Molot V12 you'll need a Russian loop. If I wasn't sheet rocking my garage, I could go out to my pile of leftovers and check for you. However, right now all my shit looks extremely redneck as it sits under various tarps spread across the property.

Just an update for anyone who cares- the Tapco sling swivel fits flush with the sling base impression and works fine.  I called up tapco and they agreed to send me another ak swivel set for free because they don't offer them for sale. A great fit and great customer service.

I've got some other sets on order from K-var, and I'll be sure to update if any fit.

Edit: figured I'd update here instead of bumping. The K-var US made sling swivel fit- model number AK-129US. The tapco swivel base also fit.

Romanian, Bulgarian and East German did not fit.

Edited by Salmonking