I want to shoot one of those things once, maybe one cylinder, but NOT in one second!

Great case of an older gent having so much skill he can handle such things with aplomb and not injure

himself like a young moron would.

He's stated somewhere that he killed the nerves in the web of his hand that would feel the recoil there by repetitive stress injury related to his unusual job. He knew about the risk and chose to keep going.

Jerry is a crazy awesome shooter. He has many records under his belt!

That said I have shot the 500 S&W two times. I do not care to do so any more than that!

Not because of the recoil (that was not as bad as I was expecting) but because of the size of the frame of the gun. I had a hard time with getting my fingers to properly reach the trigger. I had to pull the hammer back to comfortably reach the trigger and have a firm grip on the pistol. 

The 500 is a blast. I got to shoot one once. If you are a gun nut you need to shoot one at least once. It really is more intimidating than anything else. The recoil isn't THAT terrible, but the comp on it makes it brutal to be anywhere behind or next to the shooter.

I want to shoot one of those things once, maybe one cylinder, but NOT in one second!

Great case of an older gent having so much skill he can handle such things with aplomb and not injure

himself like a young moron would.

He's stated somewhere that he killed the nerves in the web of his hand that would feel the recoil there by repetitive stress injury related to his unusual job. He knew about the risk and chose to keep going.

Jerry is getting up there in age, its amazing that he is still so proficient at what he does.  I would assume the process of 'killing nerves' would be awfully painful, but hes a big boy and shooting is his bread and butter.  I wonder how his shooting hand feels every morning when he gets out of bed.  

I'm guessing arthritis isn't making it easier, but he talked about the dead nerves as if it were an advantage.

I think he's popular because he comes across enthusiastic and friendly. A lot more people know his name than Rob Leatham for example, and I think that just comes down to demeanor. (not saying anything bad about Leatham) One thing I like about Miculek is that he is pretty small in addition to being older. His vision is going and he is not young, but he still does well. Pretty much all the other top shooters are around 6'3" and have hands that make their STI comp guns look tiny. It's nice to see that someone with hands about the same size as mine can have a chance.