They are HERE!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How should I word my rebuttal...   Well, I started working on this project with this dream that I would one day get paid... 18 months later and the money pit finally seems to have hit bottom. When

As I rarely pop in to contribute and I will just say this. If you fucking sons o bitches want a better product for a better price, make it yourself! I don't have any interest in this either, so screw

I wanna see the computer case mag!   So here's my two cents.   These mags are $23 more than a Promag stick. $18 more than a izzy 5 or an Sgm 12. $3 less than the cheapest I have seen a promag 12 f

Posted Images

The preset early release volume has been met. So they won't be available until feedback is in.

If anything comes up with the early release it will take a little bit to correct it.

We made a part that is a step away from what everyone has done with 12 gauge magazines and in testing it worked very well.. However I don't trust new ideas.  

I can subtract the difference in almost no time. So should it fail, we can fix it quickly... It is what has me a little uneasy, however in testing it was great.

• Like 3

I think this is priced just fine. Seems tgey easily twice as good as anything available. So easily worth twice as much. neubert500 how do you like your nightguard? Ive got an XL hunter and love it. smith and wesson is becoming my passion. Also check out this nightguard dont know what happened but id hate to have been holdibg it.

http://armedandamphibious.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/sw-329-night-guard-kaboom/

Not to hijack thread, so briefly: I LOVE it! I saw the kaboom and also would have hated for it to have been mine! Smiths and Saigas become addictive so easily!

It is likely I can set up a guide for using 10 round stripper clips for rapid reload of my S 308 magazines.  I have not tried it yet.  How about making some stripper clip guides.

you don't need to ask him about coming out with one, there is already a .308 stripper clip loading tool and 10 round stripper clips already on the market, made by NcSTAR, patterned after the BETA CO. one. 

you will need to modify the base of the stripper clip loading tool to go over a  AK style mag, I did that modification on a M16 BETA CO.  stripper clip loading tool to work on my 5.56 AK mags

5_56_AK_loading_tool.JPG

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

They look great, no complaints on the price here. Any plans for a steel 10-rounder?

The plates are capable of going out to 12/13 rounds in a single piece.. My current production press can't complete the stamping with sufficient definition.

I have a new one picked out but its a little expensive.

I am going to make a custom 20+ round magazine for myself to test welding sections of magazine together..

• Like 3

The only thing I'm waiting on is for the feedback to come in and see if any adjustments need to be made. The fact that they are limiting the initial quantity for this purpose gives me a lot of confidence that they will get this right, if it's not already. If the price remains the same and reliability compares to the factory mags then this will be a bargain.

• Like 2

Roughly the idea is the durability.

That has been the selling point of the Russian magazines for all these years. People went crazy for them at $150+ each just a year or so ago.

I'll still give the Russian mag points for several design aspects, but saving $40+ for roughly equal quality is nice.

These also have permanently attached metal feed lips rather than clipped on ones. And a steel rear lug rather than plastic.

There is also a size advantage over most US made magazines for the 12 gauge. They will actually fit into many magazine pouches.

But I'll agree that it does not change the function of the shotgun.

• Like 2

to be brutally honest, I just don't see what  the hoopla is over a steel mag.  different material, yeah. but it doesn't do anything else special, except for the novelty of it

Unless you happen to drop it in the wonderfully cold weather we are having this winter, and your polymer mag cracks!

Edited by 7.62m43
  • Like 2

Great video KOTH!  Received mine today.  I have it fitted and all ready to go.  Locks up rock solid, fit finish down to the packaging is excellent.  I have been waiting sooooo long to stock up  on s-12 mags.  I see more being ordered in the very near future.......Thank you CSSPECS.

to be brutally honest, I just don't see what  the hoopla is over a steel mag.  different material, yeah. but it doesn't do anything else special, except for the novelty of it

Unless you happen to drop it in the wonderfully cold weather we are having this winter, and your polymer mag cracks!

OK, I will concede to that point. I have nothing to worry about my polymer mag cracking, because ain't no way I'm going to be out in the  winter months shooting. when I shoot I like to have nice warm or cool  weather.

played enough of that shooting in the sub zero for over 20 years when I was in the Army, now I don't have to or want to for that matter.

OK, I will concede to that point. I have nothing to worry about my polymer mag cracking, because ain't no way I'm going to be out in the  winter months shooting. when I shoot I like to have nice warm or cool  weather.

played enough of that shooting in the sub zero for over 20 years when I was in the Army, now I don't have to or want to for that matter.

Some of us take our S12's out to play in the cold... LOL!

3tlu.jpg

Edited by 7.62m43

Maybe you perceive more hoopla than  there is, but it is news. I see this as the newest selection for high quality s12 mag options. And the fact that many enthusiast prefer steel magazines over polymer. All over the internet for rifles... So shotgun reveal of similar long awaited desire is of course big news to this niche industry. Hell it is timely release, industry news, and popular company... You should have taken this to shot show imo. 

Edited by beefcakeb0
  • Like 2

Maybe you perceive more hoopla than  there is

5 and 11  pages of hoopla, isn't "perceived"

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/89310-csspecs-steel-s-12-mag-production-prototype-pictures/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/81417-steel-s12-mags/

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Some of us take our S12's out to play in the cold... LOL!

3tlu.jpg

How do you like that Sig dot on the S12? Has it held zero pretty well?

Maybe you perceive more hoopla than  there is, but it is news. I see this as the newest selection for high quality s12 mag options. And the fact that many enthusiast prefer steel magazines over polymer. All over the internet for rifles... So shotgun reveal of similar long awaited desire is of course big news to this niche industry. Hell it is timely release, industry news, and popular company... You should have taken this to shot show imo. 

My partners and I spoke of going to the trade show.. However the general consensus was we preferred direct marketing to our customers.

We hardly have enough for a booth anyway, looks lonely with just 15 items..

Both of those go back 6 months or so. And some of the volume is asking questions or opinions rather than: "I'm going to buy 20 when they come out" like some of the magpul threads.

• Like 1
How do you like that Sig dot on the S12? Has it held zero pretty well?

It died a few months after this picture was taken!!! I have not contacted SIG to see if they can repair it, but my guess is that it was made in China, and they just slapped the SIG name on it. I bought a VEPR 12, and used that the following year with an Aimpoint T-1 mounted on it, and though expensive, it is great!

So much hoopla! Your perception is distorted. 11 pages in something like 15 months, and 5 pages in 6 months, the humanity!horror.gif    You point to the hoopla preexisting the release. If there had been pages per day ok.. but theres been maybe a page per since.

How much hoopla Since Friday? 

to be brutally honest, I just don't see what  the hoopla is over a steel mag.  different material, yeah. but it doesn't do anything else special, except for the novelty of

To some people there is just something about the look, feel, and sound of a metal mag. I kind of prefer my HK metal mags over the Pmags in my AR and I can't attribute it to anything other than that because both are extremely reliable.

Well, I'm interested! After pulling out my ProMag 10 rounders last night (which I thought I had fixed) I find the cold temperature has effected the polymer again to the point where the shells are dragging against the mag body once more, causing failure to cycle properly.

Having some rock solid steel mags that you know will work is a big deal to me!