They are HERE!!!

Mine arrived today! It took five minutes with a file to fit it to the gun, as expected. Only had time to run one box through it. Not a single issue in 25 rounds.

The mag follower design is fucking brilliant! Strong work!

I'm so stoked to finally get my dirty dick beaters on these. Thanks so much for bringing them to market. You will be seeing a LARGE sum of money coming your way once you release these for real.

My only request is that in the future you make a magwell version that operates the LRBHO. ;-)

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How should I word my rebuttal...   Well, I started working on this project with this dream that I would one day get paid... 18 months later and the money pit finally seems to have hit bottom. When

As I rarely pop in to contribute and I will just say this. If you fucking sons o bitches want a better product for a better price, make it yourself! I don't have any interest in this either, so screw

I wanna see the computer case mag!   So here's my two cents.   These mags are $23 more than a Promag stick. $18 more than a izzy 5 or an Sgm 12. $3 less than the cheapest I have seen a promag 12 f

Posted Images

to be brutally honest, I just don't see what  the hoopla is over a steel mag.  different material, yeah. but it doesn't do anything else special, except for the novelty of it

Unless you happen to drop it in the wonderfully cold weather we are having this winter, and your polymer mag cracks!

OK, I will concede to that point. I have nothing to worry about my polymer mag cracking, because ain't no way I'm going to be out in the  winter months shooting. when I shoot I like to have nice warm or cool  weather.

played enough of that shooting in the sub zero for over 20 years when I was in the Army, now I don't have to or want to for that matter.

Some of us take our S12's out to play in the cold... LOL!

I have had a plastic mag, butler creek, on a 10/22 crack from being fired 1,000's of time.  What you need to consider is the cyclic life at normal conditions for plastic versus steel and then at low and high temperature.  And of course not all plastics and steels are the same.  I would like to hear more on this issue.  Even though I think the price is high I will buy a few steel magazines.  5 to 8 rounds is good.  If I want more I will go to the drum mags. 

• Like 1

An AK magazine is substantially different in dimensions from a

It is likely I can set up a guide for using 10 round stripper clips for rapid reload of my S 308 magazines.  I have not tried it yet.  How about making some stripper clip guides.

you don't need to ask him about coming out with one, there is already a .308 stripper clip loading tool and 10 round stripper clips already on the market, made by NcSTAR, patterned after the BETA CO. one. 

you will need to modify the base of the stripper clip loading tool to go over a  AK style mag, I did that modification on a M16 BETA CO.  stripper clip loading tool to work on my 5.56 AK mags

An AK magazine is substantially different from the dimensions of a Saiga 308 magazine.  The magazine in top view is longer.  Perhaps that makes no difference.  I have a much smaller adapter for using the SKS stripper clips to load AK mags.  I have never tried it.  The loader you picture is relatively large.  I want something compact to fit into my war bag that goes with my rifle.  But thanks very much for the suggestion and I will find the cited company and see what else they offer.

Just bumping this. We have them up again, anyone that wants some can buy them.

I do caution that fitting is probably needed to match your shotgun. I'll try to get that reduced to just a tiny amount.

What, if anything, have you concluded with the two types of followers? Is one proving to be better?

All the best.

I just realized they are located in FL too, darn it, no internet tax break, lol.

The guys in Michigan really get it bad. They pay sales tax and have to wait for their stuff to ship from FL.

The company does some business in MI so I have to collect it even when nothing is being done up there.

On a side note, every sale of goods is supposed to have the tax paid.. Even if the seller is out of state.

Thank you for bringing these to the market.  I've been following the development thread, pretty much from the beginning.  I placed my order for one last night and can't wait to get it in my hands.

For those of you whining about the price...I guess you can save your money for some of the MD double stack mags.

Will the followers push these out of the receiver unassisted like a factory five?

Funny, my factory 5 does not do that.. So maybe.

I'd imagine if you fit them a little loose they should fall out. A slight squeeze to the top sides may be helpful as well.

• Like 1

I got my mags in today and all I can say is WOW! Fantastic fit and finish, built like a tank and the pictures and videos dont do them justice. Once I had them in hand I knew I was going to have to remove a lot of material from the rear lug to get it to lock up because I have a longer than average mag release lever. About twenty minutes of quality time with my favorite flat file and I had the first one locking up like a bank vault. I'll fit the other after work tonight and hope to get some rounds through them tomorrow. I have no doubt that they will run fine because the rounds are lined up perfectly with the chamber and hand cycling is flawless. All in all I believe these mags are worth every penny.

Edited by Skitterfish

Right now I'm happy I picked 1018 for the rear lug rather than 1040 or 1050. I figured there would be some fitting so we went with the most workable metal.

I think 1050 bar stock goes up to 70hrc with the FNC coating. Which means the outer layer would have been 5-10% harder than your files. The current metal outer layer is about 5-10% softer than a file.

• Like 2

We still have a good volume of magazines available, like 1/8th of the batch have sold.

We made roughly a half production run, they are selling fairly well but I can see that people are waiting on reviews before spending the money on them.

We do plan to run a small LRBHO compatible test batch to test with Cobras device, and to test function with the vepr-12.

The thought is that if we run another production run the rear lug will be reduced a little to make filing less annoying.

• Like 1

We still have a good volume of magazines available, like 1/8th of the batch have sold.

We made roughly a half production run, they are selling fairly well but I can see that people are waiting on reviews before spending the money on them.

We do plan to run a small LRBHO compatible test batch to test with Cobras device, and to test function with the vepr-12.

The thought is that if we run another production run the rear lug will be reduced a little to make filing less annoying.

I'd like one to see how it works with mine.

Wait. What? So a magwell mag is in the works? :-)

We intend to build a few to try them. However I'm still running off of incomplete data.

Wait. What? So a magwell mag is in the works? :-)

We intend to build a few to try them. However I'm still running off of incomplete data.

Whatcha missing?

$63.00 a mag, nearly had a strokeeyes_droped.gif Bought 4haha.gif .

Hopefully the wife only hates me and doesn't decide to end me.

Seriously though, them be some seriously awesome looking mags (bad grammer on purpose). How much longer than the 8 round factory mags are they?

Edit: totally forgot to ask -- these can be loaded on a closed bolt without any fancy bolt work?

Edited by avatar