They are HERE!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How should I word my rebuttal...   Well, I started working on this project with this dream that I would one day get paid... 18 months later and the money pit finally seems to have hit bottom. When

As I rarely pop in to contribute and I will just say this. If you fucking sons o bitches want a better product for a better price, make it yourself! I don't have any interest in this either, so screw

I wanna see the computer case mag!   So here's my two cents.   These mags are $23 more than a Promag stick. $18 more than a izzy 5 or an Sgm 12. $3 less than the cheapest I have seen a promag 12 f

Posted Images

We are getting our components to make the vepr-12 feedlip set on Wednesday.. A few of the parts got delayed.

We should be able to show that magazine fairly soon. We made a rough prototype to get measurements off of, it cycled well and activated the LRBHO just fine.

So with any luck this tooling set will be done fairly fast.. The Fury shotguns are pretty much the vepr with a slightly different cut out.

Well, there goes whatever remains of my checking account.

First prototype.. Sadly I'm in the middle of a run of Saiga-12 and saiga-20 magazines so I have to wait a little before perfecting it. It hand cycles really smooth.. LRBHO does activate.

We are debating the rear lug shape, since something has to contact the bottom of the magazine well. On this one its a single piece of milled steel, VERY strong... Probably much more than is needed. I hope to go with a stamping for the lower support, which would make the magazine a good bit lighter.

post-2952-0-47856200-1395381246_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

We are getting our components to make the vepr-12 feedlip set on Wednesday.. A few of the parts got delayed.

We should be able to show that magazine fairly soon. We made a rough prototype to get measurements off of, it cycled well and activated the LRBHO just fine.

So with any luck this tooling set will be done fairly fast.. The Fury shotguns are pretty much the vepr with a slightly different cut out.

Well, there goes whatever remains of my checking account.

First prototype.. Sadly I'm in the middle of a run of Saiga-12 and saiga-20 magazines so I have to wait a little before perfecting it. It hand cycles really smooth.. LRBHO does activate.

We are debating the rear lug shape, since something has to contact the bottom of the magazine well. On this one its a single piece of milled steel, VERY strong... Probably much more than is needed. I hope to go with a stamping for the lower support, which would make the magazine a good bit lighter.

attachicon.gifCIMG1632.JPG

Are you developing this mag to work in the 030/040's as well?  There is a slight difference in mag catch length from 030/040's and the Vepr.  From how I understand it is Russian factory Ishmash mags work in the Vepr but Vepr mags need to be modified to work in the 030/040's.  Just a thought.  I bet those guys at Legion USA could give you all the information you need to proceed on this issue. 

Edited:  The mag looks damn good!

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Are you developing this mag to work in the 030/040's as well?  There is a slight difference in mag catch length from 030/040's and the Vepr.  From how I understand it is Russian factory Ishmash mags work in the Vepr but Vepr mags need to be modified to work in the 030/040's.  Just a thought.  I bet those guy's at Legion USA could give you all the information you need to proceed on this issue. 

I'll probably make a separate batch of 030/040s.

• Like 1

Are you developing this mag to work in the 030/040's as well?  There is a slight difference in mag catch length from 030/040's and the Vepr.  From how I understand it is Russian factory Ishmash mags work in the Vepr but Vepr mags need to be modified to work in the 030/040's.  Just a thought.  I bet those guy's at Legion USA could give you all the information you need to proceed on this issue. 

I'll probably make a separate batch of 030/040s.

If you wish, keep me on the Vepr-12 magazine testing list and I will report on any modification and reliability issues in getting it to work in the 030/040's. 

CSS I just have a question, why is there a gap on the sides of the shell towards the feed lips? Like if you take the poly mags the walls are touching with the rounds and there isn't any play side to side for the shell, but with the gaps on the steel mag the shell likes to move side to side. Just wondering if that's how it's gonna stay? I'm loving the mag so far but that is the only thing that kind of bugs me a little.

Its probably going to stay like that. In plastics its easy to form shapes like that, because your just leaving a void for the plastic to be pumped into. We are limited by welding locations and other constraints.

The side play is gone once the magazine is in the shotgun, as the trunion supports the round on both sides.