Where do you guys buy batteries in bulk?

I go through tons of AA and AAA batteries and its starting to get expensive every time i stop by the store i seem like im picking up more.

This forum is so awesome that some one, some where, has the greatest tips for any question or situation! so which one of you has the secret to bulk batteries?

Online? Secret self in the store i dont know about?  Waking up at 3 am to stand in line to buy them and resell for tons of money? hey what ever! Some one here has the answer!

I want the cheapest bulk batteries i can get.(good quality of course) No cheap rejects. Just bulk goodness.

I always buy 10+ packs on black Friday. Home depot or Lowes have good prices on them for black Friday.

For the rest of the year I'd love a source.

Ebay is good for those 123A batteries. I got a bunch of those cheap about a year ago for some gun lights.

Depending on your use it may be a good idea to switch your biggest consumers to a rechargeable.

I use inspection flashlights to check mags for burs or spatter, I went through about 100+ batteries a year.. I went and bought a couple tek-4 flashlights from home depot and have cut my use of batteries in half.

I use rechargeables. I first put them through a charge/discharge cycle in my LaCrosse charger and often end up with more than listed mAhs. As they go down I mark them, so only put the best in high-draw devices. I used to use the Duracell rebadged Eneloops, but they no longer have those, so have moved to Energizers. Standard 2000 Eneloops generally hold 2100mAhs after 3 charge/discharge cycles. The new Energizer 2300's will actually hold about 2400mAh after 3 cycles. Now that everyone knows about Eneloops, they arent any cheaper than the better Energizers, so I go for the larger capacity. That means less wasted time for me changing batteries.

Just get the vibrator that plugs into the wall.  You'll go through a lot less batteries.

I actually modded a vibrator for a girl at work so it'd run off a wall wart. I asked her how long she let it run....she said "Until the batteries run down" It ran on 2 C batteries.

She liked the modification, but didn't like the six foot cord. I repaired the broken cord a few times before she ended up going back to batteries. I guess she used the thing for hours at a stretch and didn't like being tied to the wall socket..

• Like 1

Just get the vibrator that plugs into the wall.  You'll go through a lot less batteries.

I actually modded a vibrator for a girl at work so it'd run off a wall wart. I asked her how long she let it run....she said "Until the batteries run down" It ran on 2 C batteries.

She liked the modification, but didn't like the six foot cord. I repaired the broken cord a few times before she ended up going back to batteries. I guess she used the thing for hours at a stretch and didn't like being tied to the wall socket..

Priceless

How in the world did that conversation ever strike up leading to your electrical experimentation?  Did you volunteer to substitute or help cut down on battery use and costs?  laugh.png

Pics or it's total BS...

Pics or it's total BS...

funny guy

If you are considering a purchase of batteries for work or industrial use, I would suggest using HD supply.

I order thousands of AA and AAA batteries from them and they are just as good as duracell and energizer. I have compared the three in multiple devices several times and the HD supply batteries are top quality. They come in a nice heavy duty cardboard box with a flip top and are not individually packaged or demon blister packed. The AA come in brown box and the AAA come in white box so you don't grab the wrong stuff in a hurry.

I have sent several boxes of these to the sand boxes and my brothers love them. They like the box and say they run longer on their devices in the heat.

I use them in cold climate mostly in IR devices and flashlights.

http://hdsupplysolutions.com/shop/product-aa_hd_supply_alkaline_battery_100pk-349406--10051

lmao, you guys are always good for a laugh eventually in every thread. Nice one.021.gif

If you are considering a purchase of batteries for work or industrial use, I would suggest using HD supply.

I order thousands of AA and AAA batteries from them and they are just as good as duracell and energizer. I have compared the three in multiple devices several times and the HD supply batteries are top quality. They come in a nice heavy duty cardboard box with a flip top and are not individually packaged or demon blister packed. The AA come in brown box and the AAA come in white box so you don't grab the wrong stuff in a hurry.

I have sent several boxes of these to the sand boxes and my brothers love them. They like the box and say they run longer on their devices in the heat.

I use them in cold climate mostly in IR devices and flashlights.

http://hdsupplysolutions.com/shop/product-aa_hd_supply_alkaline_battery_100pk-349406--10051

That is a great deal! thanks. Ill check that one out for sure.

That's a great deal^^^

It's such a great deal that you can't come up with any reason not to order an extra box or two and send it (cheaply) to the grunts on the ground via USPS special reduced care package box.

I like that idea. My little brother is home now so if you know someone who needs batteries in the sand box, post up or pm an address and directions.

Sometimes it's the small gestures that make a big difference.

• Like 1

FedEx just delivered a 12 pack of Duracell Procell 123 3v batteries for my Streamlight flashlight.  I was reading opinions on the net and some are claiming that the specs are identical to the regular coppertops but are boxed in quantity for industrial or volume use.  No more juice or life.....just boxed for quantity without the expense of blister packs.

FYI, I just refreshed my Energizers. After a year of use, the batteries marked "2300mah" are charging to an average of 2350mah. People are reporting that after about 6 months storage these are still at over 80% capacity. I dunno about storage, kids toys keep mine always running. I paid about $2.25 each for these, so after 5 charges its all profit.

Edited by mostholycerebus