I'm also in criminal justice

Heck yeah!

College here too...professor at a branch campus.  Teach only a few classes now that I'm a Division Chair. 

Have BFA and MFA with major in ceramic sculpture and minor in painting.

Dang man, thats pretty awesome.

Just finished my LL.M. at Stetson.

Congrats! I don't have much longer until I get my bachelors.

After a decade removed from college all I have to say is.....Enjoy it fellas...the creed we lived by was "the more pussy you get....the more pussy you get! Stay out all night, have that extra drink or four, throw one in the girl down the hall, even if she's not that great looking. Never for any reason turn down a road trip. Ya'll can bitch and moan all you want to but you Have it made! Once you graduate you will have nothing but work, responsibility, bills. Same shit day in and day out. Did I mention work? I have two degrees, Business and Econ, my only regret was graduating in 4 yrs instead of 6. WTF was I thinking???

After a decade removed from college all I have to say is.....Enjoy it fellas...the creed we lived by was "the more pussy you get....the more pussy you get! Stay out all night, have that extra drink or four, throw one in the girl down the hall, even if she's not that great looking. Never for any reason turn down a road trip. Ya'll can bitch and moan all you want to but you Have it made! Once you graduate you will have nothing but work, responsibility, bills. Same shit day in and day out. Did I mention work? I have two degrees, Business and Econ, my only regret was graduating in 4 yrs instead of 6. WTF was I thinking???

My college experience was nothing like yours sccritterkiller.  It was an elite art school that bragged they were one of the hardest working colleges in the Midwest.  If you got more than three hours of sleep in at night you were slacking.  It was promised we would be some of the best in the art world if we did our part and everything would be easier after graduation.

After all the effort and sacrifice I can say with no hesitation its all just a paper chase.

The degrees I earned are, outside of arbitrary requirements. utterly useless. 

And those were in Computer Science so it aint exactly basket weaving.

Now I see it would have been better to have spent the time and money on the path to machinist or welder, hell both and it would still be useful now.

Ah well its all done now, thank god I paid as I went, cannot imagine how screwed any one with a crap load of debt is now.

• Like 1

You are correct Rhodes1968...and a college education often bankrupts individuals for the rest of their life. 

I see it progressively getting worse every year too.  As a poor state there is money via federal assistance, lottery scholarship etc for the underrepresented.  Where I work many of the kids don't know how to be a college student and burn though the funding not passing classes in the first two years.  After that they are set up on student loads because "you have to get that degree for a good paying job".  Fact is, if there is a job available most positions annual wage won't pay the student loads off in 25+ years.

The school I went to was like a trade school for the arts.  I put myself through on multiple merit scholarship while holding two and three jobs the entire time.  Got my monies worth.  I wouldn't be doing what I am now if I didn't go to that school.

Edited by NM0

I need to get back to the rag race. Just difficult knowing that most of the people I know who have the piece paper could not screw in a light bulb if they tried............

That's why you go to college. You have to earn enough to be able to pay someone else to screw it in. Lol

Unless you are learning a trade today a four year degree is just the price of entry.  It is expected you will have one....... kind of like a HS diploma years ago. I know kids today with a degree that couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag.  Of course once you graduate with your expensive four year degree finding a good job is as easy as locating a unicorn.  Just another facet of our society that is pretty screwed up.