Molot factory extended magazine release??

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly the wood stocked unit I bought back in December ends up it has this type of mag release as well. 

I unboxed it today, thinking about if I am going to build another vepr and it's marked ROX, NJ as the Importer and it has this competition style mag release. 

HkvsdMx.png

Oddly the wood stocked unit I bought back in December ends up it has this type of mag release as well. 

I unboxed it today, thinking about if I am going to build another vepr and it's marked ROX, NJ as the Importer and it has this competition style mag release. 

HkvsdMx.png

It is strange that they never seemed to be advertised in this configuration!

It is strange that they never seemed to be advertised in this configuration!

I had never heard of ROX NJ, and the picture of the firearm which I bought this from was stock photo because it did not show this type of mag release. Much to my surprise it had it. 

A wild ass guess is they are just showing up in the shipments randomly, not specifically ordered but they get what they get. 

The original shotgun that started this thread was also a fixed stock model, but did not have that "ROX NJ" engraving on it. Seems as if MOLOT had some laying around they wanted to get rid of, and slipped them randomly in shipments! LOL

ROX NJ is Rifles Antiques Relics Express (RARE) LLC.  The owner, Anthony, is not new to importing Veprs.  He was the first to import Veprs after Rob Arms stopped.  He was doing it before WPA and others got into the game.  Anthony has a relatively small operation and sells directly to the public.  He is a great guy and sold me one of my .308 Veprs before Wolf was offering them.  I have spoken with him on the phone in the past and he is definitely one of the good guys in the industry.

He used to have a website, Gunsimporter.com, but he closed it down for whatever reason.

Edited by Liquidmetal

I sent OP my factory mag catch/release but haven't hear back from him.

How long ago did you send it? I sent a_m my address via PM for the one he didn't want, back on 1-13 and got a reply on 1-14 saying he would send it as soon as he received the one from you. People do get busy and can't get to projects sometimes, but he should have at least PMed you with acknowledgement that he received the part!

• 1 month later...

How long ago did you send it? I sent a_m my address via PM for the one he didn't want, back on 1-13 and got a reply on 1-14 saying he would send it as soon as he received the one from you. People do get busy and can't get to projects sometimes, but he should have at least PMed you with acknowledgement that he received the part!

Did you get the extended release from him?

Edited by Mullet Man

Did you get the extended release from him?

Never heard a word from him after I PM'ed him my address....

I have one of those factory ambi competition mag releases that I'm not going to use. Downside is I cut a few rings off the end of the spring to try to lighten it up. I'll include the release and the spring just not the mounting pin if someone wants to trade for their standard long straight vepr release.

I have one of those factory ambi competition mag releases that I'm not going to use. Downside is I cut a few rings off the end of the spring to try to lighten it up. I'll include the release and the spring just not the mounting pin if someone wants to trade for their standard long straight vepr release.

PM sent on this. Thanks!  :)

Does anyone else have one of these Vepr-12 factory ambi extended mag releases they would like to trade for a standard mag release lever (or sell outright)? I have two Vepr-12s that I got from Legion awhile back and I would really like to have this factory ambi extended mag release on both of them. If you are interested in trading or selling you factory extended mag release, please let me know. Thanks!

Does anyone else have one of these Vepr-12 factory ambi extended mag releases they would like to trade for a standard mag release lever (or sell outright)? I have two Vepr-12s that I got from Legion awhile back and I would really like to have this factory ambi extended mag release on both of them. If you are interested in trading or selling you factory extended mag release, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure Carolina Shooters Supply has some for sale.

I'm pretty sure Carolina Shooters Supply has some for sale.

Thanks. Those that CSS has for sale are very similar but they are aftermarket and I would prefer to have the factory Molot mag releases if possible.

Hey Vette, did you ever find a place that sells factory mag releases. My vepr didn't. Come with one either :(

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p/vepr-magrelease-b.htm

These are brand new original Molot manufactured metal magazine releases for the Vepr 12 shotgun. For best performance, should be used without the left side safety lever (although can be installed and used without removing the safety lever) and with the flared magwell (sold separately). Does not require welding or permanent changes to the firearm, it bolts on and can be installed in minutes. Due to poor packaging at shipping, has some scratches.

Vepr-magrelease-B-2.jpg           

Edited by Skoodge